• Forum membership has its advantages....

Trophy truck models

blazersracing

I saw the Chevy pre-runner that John Bitting has and I love it. I have taken the Snakebite Monster truck model and turned it into the old Duralast truck. It wasn't nearly as clean as that chevy but it looked cool to me. I had changed out the big axle up front for some equal length I-beams and added some trailing arms to the rear. Then i used some BFG tires off of a S-10 4x4 that i had. I just wish that I knew some of the tricks that Dave Baldwin knows.
Can someone please tell me the web-address for his site. I need to know more. I know that I can build a Truggy if I had some more help with it. Thanks, Brian

EQuin

You and me both, Brian. I'd love to know some of David's tricks to building those custom models. It seems like the cage, prerunner bumpers and control arms can be fabbed by cutting and carving the trees that the model parts snap off of. I wouldn't know about all the other stuff.

By the way, I saw your post in the "Industry News" folder advertising the videos for sale. I tried going to your website, but I couldn't access it. I was wondering if you had that "highlight" video of insane footage made yet and how much it costs.

Take care,

Ed

blazersracing

Ed, I am sorry about the website. I will have the new blazersracing.com site running soon. No i dont have the highlight tape yet. The best highlight tape I would recommend is the 2000 SCORE Laughlin race. That tape is 6hours long and has some footage of every class but mostly classes-1,1/2-1600,and the big truck classes(TT,8 & PRO). It costs just $10 for the first copy and $5 for each additional copy.
Then again, this years Terribles Town 250 has some incidents that you may know of. That tape is 2&1/2 hours and cost $20 for the first. Let me know if your interested in any thing.

Thanks, Brian

EQuin

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the info. I'd be interested in that $10 copy of the SCORE Laughlin 2000 tape. Do you accept personal checks? Where should I send the check/money order?

Take care,

Ed