Trophy Trucks on OLN

pciscott

Reaction
The Guide says 2pm pacific on Direct TV. I hear if this goes well they will film the whole series next year. My fingers are crossed! I just set up TIVO to tape as I will be at the BFG handout for the Baja 1000. Later

God Bless America

Scott Steinberger Trophy Truck #7

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
I am not a big tv watcher these day's, but will be for this. what format is it on basic, satalite, direct? And what is oln been seen the protrucks advertised on that network, or whatever?

Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Well, what did everybody think? I thought they did a good job. It was nice to just follow one class instead of trying to show all the classes in one hour. Glad to see somebody actually putting off-road racing on TV!

How insane was the Baldwin crash? I forgot how high and how many flips he did!

See ya in the dirt!

jcorsico

Reaction
I thought it was pretty good too. Better than the stuff Shoemaker used to put out. Covering only one class is much better - it actually feels more like a race, rather than just a clip show of a circus.

But they still need to learn quite a bit from the World Rally Championship coverage. In particular, they need to mount the cameras inside the trucks better so you can actually see what the terrain looks like, and then they need to show a couple 45 second clips from inside one car. WRC does a great job of letting you see what the drivers see - they get a good camera location inside the car, the announcers shut up so you can hear the engine and driver chatter, and they slow long clips.

It would have been great had they had a camera inside the Baldwin trucks (who had a tough weekend). One camera would have caught that flip. The other would have caught them tagging that rock and tearing the rear end off. They also could have shown probably 1/2 an entire lap - the trucks only take 11 minutes a lap. The whole show was probably 40 minutes - they could spare 6 minutes to show the more exciting sections of the course.

Jon

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
In general, I liked it a lot.

The negatvies were:

1) Started a bit slow but really mixed it up for the majority of the film. Bob Bower is the best off-road commentator alive!
2) Too much Helo footage. 'Needed more close aspect, on the ground footage. More in-car "car to car" footage.
3) A lot of poor Helo footage. Jerky, blury shots. Shoemaker smoked 'em on this segment.
4) Overal video quality (technical) was poor. The image was not sharp and crisp on my big screen. It looked like the tapes was a copy of a copy or worse, mastered on something like "Hi-8".

Do I wanna see more? You bet!

PJCinLV

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I especially liked the suspension footage of the Baldwin TT. Should of showed more of it though like NASCAR does. NASCAR comes up with some really creative shots.

See ya in the dirt!

mgobaja

Reaction
But as compared to any other coverage we have seen this year, anything is great.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Gee l wish we had offroad racing on TV in Australia you guys are sooo lucky

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Its on OLN again RIGHT NOW!!! Started at 2PM PST....Turn it on if you havent seen it!

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

orvacian

Reaction
Anybody see the shot of the Toyota 4x4 mini truck towing the BROKEN TERRIBLE HERBST TT back to the pits? It was classic!!!!!! How about the Baldwin crash with about 3 forward flips?

BSchlimme

Reaction
OLN shows the following schedule - times appear to be "Eastern" from what I see on TiVo.

SUNDAY
12/1/2002
5:00PM - 6:00PM TROPHY TRUCK SERIES

THURSDAY
12/5/2002
2:00AM - 3:00AM TROPHY TRUCK SERIES

THURSDAY
12/5/2002
7:00PM - 8:00PM TROPHY TRUCK SERIES

elcaprerunner

Reaction
Does anyone know if you can get Outdoor Life Network (OLN) on Adelphia? We have Adelphia basic cable right now, can you get OLN on Adelphia with a different type of service they might offer? Or do have all Adelphia offers for cable services? Or, we might get DirecTV, can you get OLN on DirecTV? I am in the 909, any of you 909 guys know? If you switched and get OLN now, what company are you using now. Thanks in advance for any info*

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiests

mmartin

Reaction
DirecTV has OLN on channel 606-Wednesday night shows some killer rock crawling

Breakin' the law!