trophykart, honda fl400, minimag

dsms motorsports

Reaction
I've been looking to get my 11 year old daughter to start out driving, and I want to take her out to the desert also. of the 3 karts on the title what would you guys pick? for reliability and general playing around?

Thank you

FullsizeFun

Reaction
Honda Pilot would be the most bang for the buck out of the 3 you mentioned. I miss mine and wish i didn't sell it.

Dumfast

Reaction
I have to agree the Pilot would be the best bang for the buck...I have a 1990 pilot with a CR500 top end,72 HP runs on race gas (240 psi Cylinder press.) 13" long travel susp. at both ends VERY fast.....But I remember it in stock form and it was a BLAST!..Incredibly reliable, very well built and I see them for around $5K to 6K all the time..Go with it you will not be sorry!

Reaction
Probably has the most more safety engineered into it as well, since Honda, and its deep pockets, were just emerging from the product liability debacle regarding the three-wheelers and the "Endo King" FL250 Odyessey.

harleys dad

Reaction
I have a triple EEE dezert superlite that I am thinking of selling due to health reasons. It has a twin snowmobile motor putting about 120-130 HP and 16 inches each corner with coilover foxes-Wright Rack and pinion, all chromolly A arms and frame Jacks Aluminum body, the same one that did all of Jimcos bodies. Full size beard seat water cooled 8 gallon fuel tank, custom air cleaner. I have driven a LOT of things, this thing is the quickist thing I have ever driven and works like you cannot believe. I was going to buy a Pilot, LOL unreal what it will do

BoothPacific Films

Reaction
pilot or 350 odysee. i have two fl 350's one with a water cooled head another rebuilt by triple EEE and you can do anything in them. dunes, dirt, whatever and you'll be going really fast.

dirtslinger

Reaction
Have you looked at the Extreme Baja Karts? I just had one built for my 11y/o son. He has a lot of kart experience and dirt bike riding. Because of that I had one built with a WR 250 motor. We took it out straight from being built to the desert for 10 days for spring break. Except for a couple bolts coming loose, it was flawless. He put 250+ miles on it, all desert. I am certain that it is much much safer than an Odessey or Pilot.

If you don't want one with a dirtbike motor in it, he builds them with a bunch of smaller motor options.

Search "extremebajakart" on youtube and you'll see some video of it on it's maiden voyage.

Attachments

• easter 010.jpg
    easter 010.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 561
  • PosterChrystian09Asmall[1].jpg
    PosterChrystian09Asmall[1].jpg
    582 KB · Views: 423

XMOTORCR

Reaction
you should look at the redline revolt also.redline revolt they are the modern day pilot with more power and suspension, plus the parts are readily available. and there is a dealer in riverside. heres there website "toyz for big boyz" redline right now they are moving from corona to riverside, but the phone number is the same.

dsms motorsports

Reaction
Have you looked at the Extreme Baja Karts? I just had one built for my 11y/o son. He has a lot of kart experience and dirt bike riding. Because of that I had one built with a WR 250 motor. We took it out straight from being built to the desert for 10 days for spring break. Except for a couple bolts coming loose, it was flawless. He put 250+ miles on it, all desert. I am certain that it is much much safer than an Odessey or Pilot.

If you don't want one with a dirtbike motor in it, he builds them with a bunch of smaller motor options.

Search "extremebajakart" on youtube and you'll see some video of it on it's maiden voyage.

Iam glad you mentioned that, I almost forgot about that, and also I was told they went out of business, my goals in the future is to get her desert car racing.

dsms motorsports

Reaction
I have a triple EEE dezert superlite that I am thinking of selling due to health reasons. It has a twin snowmobile motor putting about 120-130 HP and 16 inches each corner with coilover foxes-Wright Rack and pinion, all chromolly A arms and frame Jacks Aluminum body, the same one that did all of Jimcos bodies. Full size beard seat water cooled 8 gallon fuel tank, custom air cleaner. I have driven a LOT of things, this thing is the quickist thing I have ever driven and works like you cannot believe. I was going to buy a Pilot, LOL unreal what it will do

can you give me the 1st shot at looking at it when you're ready? biting my tonge but my daughter is going to race desert cars in the future.:eek:

dirtslinger

Reaction
Bob at EBK is still in buisness, I just got mine and he just finished a 450 kart after mine, and is working on one with a street bike motor in it.
I'd have to say, the customer service was great, and the karts are custom made to your order.

harleys dad

Reaction
can you give me the 1st shot at looking at it when you're ready? biting my tonge but my daughter is going to race desert cars in the future.:eek:
Yes, I will. I bought it not to race it but to use at the sand dunes. I have yet to find anything that can run the dunes like this thing can! The acceleration is something you have to experience to believe from 0 to 100+, The thing makes my 1600 car feel like a winde up toy.

CHASE550

Reaction
Does this mean that Nick and Brandon are getting the driver seat on the 1 car :)?

They have bikes, we all know that's mom's 1 car lol sorry Tony

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
My 11 year old had no problem driving it at all

Well...both of your 11 year olds must way more maturity, throttle control, and restraint than my two maniac sons (16 and 14). They would have the thing upside down, in the ditch, and on fire in about 30 seconds. :D

BTW...I think those Triple EEE superlites are very cool and haul donkey back side. I met the owner of Triple EEE once upon a time...I think his name was Ed. :)

Dave...what other cool stuff do you have in your garage?