• Forum membership has its advantages....

TROPHYLITE IS AWESOME!!!..........anyone want to buy 3 of them.............

JPBart

Hey Pete, since this seems to have worked out can you fix a problem I am having? I bought a Fleetwood toyhauler last year. The dvd/tv combo took a dump so I took it in for warranty. The dealer took out the TV to return it for warranty. Since then Fleetwood has filed bankruptcy and the new company doesn't have anything to do with trailers and the servicing dealer has also gone bk and vacated the premises. Can you start a big drama filled thread for me and get my $350 tv back or replaced? Maybe get Obama to pay for it out of the stimulus package? Seems like the same thing happened to each of us....except the new owners aren't as cool as Greg. Well, that and your's was worth a little more money. It still pisses me off though.

deano

McDeano
i was thinking about getting some more offroad TV time for us all -- shall i get judge judy involved on this one ?? :rolleyes: :cool:

rickf

Pete lets cut the crapola here. I offered to fix things in a prior post weeks ago. I offered to help you work out the bill in payments many times. I have done EVERYTHING to try and accomodate you. Now again you are just pushing more and more. You sent me a note to work all of this out now off-line but here you are posting crap again. So which is it? Is all of this my responsibility, NO. Am I stepping out to try and help, YES.... give me a break.....
Pete,

I've been on your side in this thing, I think its time to give Greg a chance to make things right.
As far as the money, it is most common in an asset sale for the receivables to be a part of that. The previous owner should not be billing you, a letter from Matt should suffice.
Don't move the goalposts or you'll lose cred with me, not that it matters.

Mark_Weyhrich

Seriously, it is time to take this somewhere else. The door has been kicked wide open and now it is time for you to enter it and resolve the issue(s) mono-y-mono.

#10 tl must be made score legal also......it was sold by scaroni's trophylite llc. as SCORE legal.....if you fix it also then we are getting somewhere.....#10 has NO sleeve in butt welded section either.........

Mark_Weyhrich

It never should have come to any of this anyway, no matter what. Public bullying is a sad way to achieve your goals and extrememly infintile to boot. Very, very unprofessional. This may fly in the go-cart world, but outside of that it is a sure way to burn bridges and to put a black mark on yourself for future dealings.

this has been going on for 3 months.......he has "NO im not fixing anything" from the start.....if he EVER tried to work with me on this crap, it NEVER would have come to this......and its not his money, its his partners, thats why it was never a big issue until june 15th when he claimed it was his.....before that it was matts, and if matt wouldnt fix trucks, which he wouldnt, then i wasnt going to pay him till he did, greg knows EXACTLY how it went down.....he let scaroni talk him into banning my trucks and pressuring me to pay and NEVER fix anything.............why do you think never fixed anything or offered to fix anything till today?????? are you guys all blind???

tkr

Now and then a customer will bring their car to me with a problem that is in that "grey area"...somewhere between my problem or their problem. If they come to me with respect and kindness, the problem gets fixed quickly and painlessly. If they are rude or disrespectful, I may still fix their problem but it will probably not be so quick or painless. Recently I had an acquaintance tell me they overheard a customer of mine badmouthing our shop to a few people over lunch at a restaurant. In this particular case the problem was absolutely not ours. A few days later the customer came to the shop and rudely demanded we repair his car for free. The way I saw it, we had nothing to gain by giving in to his demands. We had done nothing wrong, he had already spread false and negative rumors about us to who knows how many people. He was not going to start singing our praises if we did what he asked, and most likely would just keep talking smack. So I politely told him to pound sand. He went on to dispute the charges for his previous repairs through Amex over and over, and tarnished our spotless BBB record with a complaint. I still think it was all worth it to attempt to teach him that this is not how you get what you want.
Some would say I have an attitude problem, and that may be true. But I would be willing to bet most others would have the same feelings, they just may not act on them. After spending day after day reading this thread, I can't help but think that maybe Pete didn't' go about this in the right way to get what he wants.

Landcruzer

What I find ironic about this whole thread is the pic below. Had this been a punk kid building a 1450 truck it would have made the "worst fab thread" and they would have been laughed off the board. But since it's on a TL it gets a pass from the peanut gallery...nice.

JMS

Now and then a customer will bring their car to me with a problem that is in that "grey area"...somewhere between my problem or their problem. If they come to me with respect and kindness, the problem gets fixed quickly and painlessly. If they are rude or disrespectful, I may still fix their problem but it will probably not be so quick or painless. Recently I had an acquaintance tell me they overheard a customer of mine badmouthing our shop to a few people over lunch at a restaurant. In this particular case the problem was absolutely not ours. A few days later the customer came to the shop and rudely demanded we repair his car for free. The way I saw it, we had nothing to gain by giving in to his demands. We had done nothing wrong, he had already spread false and negative rumors about us to who knows how many people. He was not going to start singing our praises if we did what he asked, and most likely would just keep talking smack. So I politely told him to pound sand. He went on to dispute the charges for his previous repairs through Amex over and over, and tarnished our spotless BBB record with a complaint. I still think it was all worth it to attempt to teach him that this is not how you get what you want.
Some would say I have an attitude problem, and that may be true. But I would be willing to bet most others would have the same feelings, they just may not act on them. After spending day after day reading this thread, I can't help but think that maybe Pete didn't' go about this in the right way to get what he wants.
You couldn't have hit the nail on the head any better...nice post!

BANNED4LIFE

Seriously, it is time to take this somewhere else. The door has been kicked wide open and now it is time for you to enter it and resolve the issue(s) mono-y-mono.
It never should have come to any of this anyway, no matter what. Public bullying is a sad way to achieve your goals and extrememly infintile to boot. Very, very unprofessional. This may fly in the go-cart world, but outside of that it is a sure way to burn bridges and to put a black mark on yourself for future dealings.
what is posted here in the open forum and what really takes place are 2 different things mark, and since you know NOTHING about it then why comment????? public bullying??? true story of my personal knowledge is not bullying.....for 3 months they have told me to pound sand, FINALLY they want to fix the issues and we are working on a plan.....

9rocky

what is posted here in the open forum and what really takes place are 2 different things mark, and since you know NOTHING about it then why comment????? public bullying??? true story of my personal knowledge is not bullying.....for 3 months they have told me to pound sand, FINALLY they want to fix the issues and we are working on a plan.....

So, you get to decide who's comments are relevant and who's are not??

Uncle_Bob

I thought you were leaving for the hills Pete and Lenny was going to sit in for you..............

Mark_Weyhrich

The fact that you clearly state below that what is posted here and what actually takes place are dramatically different things only serves to drive my point home. You say I know nothing, but also say that you have told everyone exactly what happened. Which is it?

I have read every post on here and yet you say I am not informed? How can that be possible with the amount of posts you have on here? Why do you not accuse others who may post in your favor of knowing NOTHING?

As you like to say "Answer all questions, please". Nevermind, I don't actually care about the answers. I am merely fed up at all the infantile bitching and moaning.

I also find it interesting that you choose to come at me when there are hundreds of people posting that allegedly know NOTHING, even afte reading all the posts that I have. In fact, you seem to respond more freqeuntly to those who disagree with you. Maybe we struck a nerve?

I say you are bullying because you are publicly trashing the reputation of an individual and an organization for your own personal gain. I see it as nothing more than coercion, which by the way is a potentially legally enforceable situation; be careful.

You try to take an altruistic tone at times and insinuate that you are carrying the torch for all current and future owners of TL's. Yet, no one else has said they have an issue, let alone that they need your help. It makes this whole thing smell like a witch hunt for personal gain; some kind of bizarre internet rally with Foutz at the center and Pete leading the chant to light him up.

Even after a solution has been offered up, which I personally never would have done in this situation, you continue to badger and whine. It makes me question your judgement and motives.

Bottom line here: You did not NEED to hurt anyone's reputation to get what you wanted. Rather, you CHOSE to take that route.