• Forum membership has its advantages....

TROPHYLITE IS AWESOME!!!..........anyone want to buy 3 of them.............

Mark_Weyhrich

Amen.

Now and then a customer will bring their car to me with a problem that is in that "grey area"...somewhere between my problem or their problem. If they come to me with respect and kindness, the problem gets fixed quickly and painlessly. If they are rude or disrespectful, I may still fix their problem but it will probably not be so quick or painless. Recently I had an acquaintance tell me they overheard a customer of mine badmouthing our shop to a few people over lunch at a restaurant. In this particular case the problem was absolutely not ours. A few days later the customer came to the shop and rudely demanded we repair his car for free. The way I saw it, we had nothing to gain by giving in to his demands. We had done nothing wrong, he had already spread false and negative rumors about us to who knows how many people. He was not going to start singing our praises if we did what he asked, and most likely would just keep talking smack. So I politely told him to pound sand. He went on to dispute the charges for his previous repairs through Amex over and over, and tarnished our spotless BBB record with a complaint. I still think it was all worth it to attempt to teach him that this is not how you get what you want.
Some would say I have an attitude problem, and that may be true. But I would be willing to bet most others would have the same feelings, they just may not act on them. After spending day after day reading this thread, I can't help but think that maybe Pete didn't' go about this in the right way to get what he wants.

DesertGuy1

Since this got buried multiple pages back, I was wondering if the "Savage Solution" addressed any of these specific tubes in being able to remain at the 1.5" diameter, given their ending weight?

Minimum material dimension requirements for roll cages apply to the following members of the roll cage:
1 - Front and rear hoop
2 - Front and rear interconnecting bars
3 - Rear down braces
4 - Lateral bracing
5 - Elbow and door bars
6 - Lower A-pillar tubes, and lower B-pillar tubes

Last edited:

BANNED4LIFE

The fact that you clearly state below that what is posted here and what actually takes place are dramatically different things only serves to drive my point home. You say I know nothing, but also say that you have told everyone exactly what happened. Which is it?

I have read every post on here and yet you say I am not informed? How can that be possible with the amount of posts you have on here? Why do you not accuse others who may post in your favor of knowing NOTHING?

As you like to say "Answer all questions, please". Nevermind, I don't actually care about the answers. I am merely fed up at all the infantile bitching and moaning.

I also find it interesting that you choose to come at me when there are hundreds of people posting that allegedly know NOTHING, even afte reading all the posts that I have. In fact, you seem to respond more freqeuntly to those who disagree with you. Maybe we struck a nerve?

I say you are bullying because you are publicly trashing the reputation of an individual and an organization for your own personal gain. I see it as nothing more than coercion, which by the way is a potentially legally enforceable situation; be careful.

You try to take an altruistic tone at times and insinuate that you are carrying the torch for all current and future owners of TL's. Yet, no one else has said they have an issue, let alone that they need your help. It makes this whole thing smell like a witch hunt for personal gain; some kind of bizarre internet rally with Foutz at the center and Pete leading the chant to light him up.

Even after a solution has been offered up, which I personally never would have done in this situation, you continue to badger and whine. It makes me question your judgement and motives.

Bottom line here: You did not NEED to hurt anyone's reputation to get what you wanted. Rather, you CHOSE to take that route.
i dont get where you think im out to "gain" anything....all i want is what i paid for!........ so you think the butt welded cages are satasfactory???? all i want is for trophylite llc to fix my new trucks and my old one so they are safe and score legal......do i think they should fix all the trucks? yes.....but now tl llc. is been changeds to tl of az llc and the previous owners are still involved so yes i think the new corp should fix the issues......my point about what is posted here and what they will REALLY fix is the problem right now.........mark , you have been in this biz for a long time, do you like to get what you paid for or no?

BANNED4LIFE

Since this got buried multiple pages back, I was wondering if the "Savage Solution" addressed any of these specific tubes in being able to remain at the 1.5" diameter, given their ending weight?

Minimum material dimension requirements for roll cages apply to the following members of the roll cage:
1 - Front and rear hoop
2 - Front and rear interconnecting bars
3 - Rear down braces
4 - Lateral bracing
5 - Elbow and door bars
6 - Lower A-pillar tubes, and lower B-pillar tubes
i believe the entire upper cage is now going to be replaced with 1 3/4 .095 and a few tubes are going to be added below the door bar area to strengthen to lower corners of the cage..........(if that answers your question)

but now tl llc. is been changeds to tl of az llc and the previous owners are still involved so yes i think the new corp should fix the issues
Hey Petey, will you be my warrantee rep in dealing with the new owners of GM?:D

Curtis Guise

Administrator
There is another place for post racing, this isn't it. All of the posts since my last one were deleted.

Pete and Greg have a chance to post the latest info about this topic. No bashing please.

If anyone else posts it better have something important to do with the thread topic.

57Racer

Deleted

Last edited: