TROPHYLITE Jumps Into the Future with Foutz Motorsports

Reaction
TROPHYLITE jumps into the future with Foutz Motorsports

Chandler, AZ (April 24,2009) Today marks the beginning of the next generation for TROPHYLITE. Foutz Motorsports Incorporated, led by respected off-road team owner Greg Foutz, has acquired an ownership interest in TROPHYLITE. After two months of discussions, an agreement has been reached that will allow TROPHYLITE to expand and grow to new levels under Foutz’s leadership. Over the next month, TROPHYLITE operations will transition to Foutz Motorsports headquarters in Chandler, Arizona.
“I have known the Scaroni family for a long time and have worked with them on race efforts over the years. When Matt and I started talking about us taking over the TROPHYLITE program it seemed like a great deal for everyone. We are preparing our shop now to have production up and running in the next week from our Chandler facility. Look for some exiting things to happen for TROPHYLITE in the next several months. We are glad that the sponsors of the series are on board for this change and happy that everyone sees this as a positive move toward the future. I especially want to thank the sponsors and truck owners for their continued support” Foutz commented.

The current 2009 General Tire TROPHYLITE Series will remain unchanged.

Matt Scaroni commented “I would like to thank all of the owners, drivers, sponsors, and promoters that have made TROPHYLITE a resounding success these past two years. We are not walking away from TROPHYLITE by any means, but with Greg’s new ideas coupled with what we have learned over the last few years, TROPHYLITE stands to achieve enormous success. I feel for TROPHYLITE to grow to the next level, there is no better person than Greg Foutz to take it there. I have full confidence that Greg Foutz will take the TROPHYLITE brand to previously unheard of levels.”

All current loyal TROPHYLITE sponsors General Tire, KMC Wheels, KC HiLITES, Mastercraft Race Seats, and FOX Racing Shox will remain on board throughout the transition.

The next event on the 2009 General Tire TROPHYLITE Series schedule is the Glen Helen Baja Cup Challenge on June 27-28.
For more information contact Greg Foutz at Foutz Motorsports 480-633-9800 or www.FoutzMotorsports.com and www.TROPHYLITE.com

Last edited by a moderator:

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
Congrats Greg! TL is in much better hands now, cant wait to see what happens, hopefully original TL owner wont get screwed with the new changes...

Last edited:

Race8100

Reaction
Big congrats to Greg and crew...

This really changes the game for TL's and the future of off road racing on this level as far as I see it.

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
So, what are SMD going to do with their new-found free time? Get back behind the wheel of a trophy truck, perhaps? We hope so. C'mon boys.. TT#27 wants to run with the other ponies! Dust "ol 27 off and come down to the Baja 500.

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
I don't think the Scaroni's will go back to Trophy Truck......They are too askeered of Pab! :p :D

I sincerely hope to see them back out there trying to keep up with the DA....:eek:

Dang I'm having the hardest time trying to say this. WHAT I MEAN IS: Hopefully they have used this time to figure out how to get up to speed in a TT..........:rolleyes:

Dang I did it again!

PS. I really hope that nothing but positive results occur for all involved due to this business transaction....Even if it means the Scaroni's come back to TT and whoop up on us.....

I don't really see that as a positive for the DA but whatever.....

GregFoutz

Reaction
Should be good for everyone. Matt will still have some involvement but the main part of things will happen here in our shop in Chandler. The build and support work will all be done here from now on. We are in the process of working out details for the move. We have a couple of trucks that need to be built now so we are moving as fast as we can. As for the future things will be bright..... No news to share right now but things will be good. I want to try and not make a bunch of changes now, especially things that cost the current owners more money. We will look at things and make decisions based on facts.... I hope that makes sense.... We need a few weeks to get it all smooth...... I will work on an open house BBQ party for everyone to come see the shop and all that soon.

Reaction
Greggy-Poo, throw Scotty some scut work, he's a good boy, and needs to eat. Thank you for your past consideration of that nice young man.

onebuilder

Reaction
Great news! Trophylite just got better.
Best of luck on your new venture Greg.
Cant wait for the open house. :D

Bantle

Reaction
Congratulations Foutz Motorsports, I look forward to seeing whats to come for the future of TL. After reading all the forums Im wondering if the trucks being built now and in the future will b e 1 1/2" or 1 3/4" tubing. Im sure there is a lot going on with the acquisition but as a TL truck owner I was curious.

Last edited:

GregFoutz

Reaction
TROPHYLITE jumps into the future with Foutz Motorsports

Chandler, AZ (April 24,2009) Today marks the beginning of the next generation for TROPHYLITE. Foutz Motorsports Incorporated, led by respected off-road team owner Greg Foutz, has acquired an ownership interest in TROPHYLITE. After two months of discussions, an agreement has been reached that will allow TROPHYLITE to expand and grow to new levels under Foutz’s leadership. Over the next month, TROPHYLITE operations will transition to Foutz Motorsports headquarters in Chandler, Arizona.
“I have known the Scaroni family for a long time and have worked with them on race efforts over the years. When Matt and I started talking about us taking over the TROPHYLITE program it seemed like a great deal for everyone. We are preparing our shop now to have production up and running in the next week from our Chandler facility. Look for some exiting things to happen for TROPHYLITE in the next several months. We are glad that the sponsors of the series are on board for this change and happy that everyone sees this as a positive move toward the future. I especially want to thank the sponsors and truck owners for their continued support” Foutz commented.

The current 2009 General Tire TROPHYLITE Series will remain unchanged.

Matt Scaroni commented “I would like to thank all of the owners, drivers, sponsors, and promoters that have made TROPHYLITE a resounding success these past two years. We are not walking away from TROPHYLITE by any means, but with Greg’s new ideas coupled with what we have learned over the last few years, TROPHYLITE stands to achieve enormous success. I feel for TROPHYLITE to grow to the next level, there is no better person than Greg Foutz to take it there. I have full confidence that Greg Foutz will take the TROPHYLITE brand to previously unheard of levels.”

All current loyal TROPHYLITE sponsors General Tire, KMC Wheels, Mastercraft Race Seats, and FOX Racing Shox will remain on board throughout the transition.

The next event on the 2009 General Tire TROPHYLITE Series schedule is the Glen Helen Baja Cup Challenge on June 27-28.
For more information contact Greg Foutz at Foutz Motorsports 480-633-9800 or www.FoutzMotorsports.com and www.TROPHYLITE.com
Hey, in our rush to get the news out to everyone we forgot our BRIGHTEST sponsor for the TROPHYLITE series. We are proud to have KC HiLITES on board for the duration of the TROPHYLITE program too. KC HiLITES have supported the effort and deserve our love..... Sorry for being in a rush..... I guess its nice to have so many GREAT sponsors, but no excuse for that. Please support KC HiLITES..... My fault......