• Forum membership has its advantages....

TrophyLite launches updated R8 platform and invites BITD 6100

geno760

TrophyLite has been working very hard deliver an extremely competitive and affordable alternative to the 6100 class ... the 2020 TrophyLite R8. At nearly half the price the TL-R8 will run in its own class, 6800 and we have been working closely with Best in the Desert for the past few months so we are also inviting the pre-2020 rule change 6100 folks who for one reason or another like their current setup to run with us in 2020 and beyond. Please see our Press Release attached.

Attachments

MTPyle

We have the original R8, the first 6100 made. But our truck is a totally different truck then when we bought it a little over a year ago.

I like the idea of a true Trick Truck Spec. An unlimited truck with a spec motor. I think that was the intent of 6100 and what has made the class so successful. I really think 6100 should be called TTSpec.

I was not personally excited about the idea of racing in 7200. We really want to race TT but just can’t afford it so 6100 is closest for us. I am glad we continued to evolve our truck and looking forward to competing with the other unlimited spec engine trucks in 6100 for 2020.

That being said I think the TL R8 series will be great. TL is successful with the Current series so eventually I think they will get the R8 series there. I am sure there are some 6100 trucks that may not continue to race in the 2020 6100 series because of cost. It’s great they have another option. I wish you guys luck.
Mike

51rcr

Welp. I guess this kills letting the 430hp 6100’s race in 7200. Bummer. Another class.
was that going to happen? I figure any that go to another class will fadeonce there engine is gone. Maybe not if they feel they have to have and under drive in 6100.

pdailey

Racer
was that going to happen? I figure any that go to another class will fadeonce there engine is gone. Maybe not if they feel they have to have and under drive in 6100.
It was being discussed by a number of guys currently running 6100 who didn’t want to keep up with the new rule changes with the bigger motor, underdrive, and 40” tires being allowed now. I guess this is out to bed now. Haven’t heard anything new lately.

51rcr

I was hoping there was more info going around about it. I have a 420 i have to send in for a pan change and was waiting to see about the cam. My truck couldnt and wouldnt ever run 40s easily with out major work and upgrades. It was started to be 7200. I liked what the original 6100 was and it was what it was ment to be. People always wanting more and the more money comes in the more it changes. Now its weeding out the originals and the resurrection trucks. But now theres also 4 things truing to snag them all up. The jeep outlaws, 7200, R8 and the 6100.

51rcr

what does registering for the R8 class for a current build before the 31st require?

SMS81

Are all of the new “converted” 6100 Trophylite entries going to be required to run the spec tires, wheels, seats etc for the Trophylite series or will they have the liberty to select whatever manufacture they desire throughout all participation of the series? Will there be a Trophylite series membership fee? Will there be an extra entry fee like in the original Trophylite series? Thank you

43mod

I just cant see this as being "another class" I see the new 6100 as being the new class. I still don't think I can afford it but best of luck to all who dare !

Bro_Gill

For those that don't want the new upgrades for TT spec, what about the little motor (turbo 4s) that are going to be a new class this year? Seems they are a TT spec with a crate turbo little motor, but around the same HP as the old TT spec. Ecoboost, new GM 2,7 turbo, heard Toyota is in as well with a turbo motor. And again, suppose to be factory crate motors, but a smaller package so seems like an easy fit. Get together with the folks creating this class and put tire size in as well to save some costs before it blows up just like the rest of them.

B. R C Arrow

As a current TL r4 owner I'm extremely discouraged by this. First off the 6000/r4 class has now been split by having 2 different width trucks and a "Test" engine program (I thought spec ment ALL THE SAME). Over the last year the r4 platform has seen a decline in truck count. At Laughlin this year Trophylite didnt even have any branding at Tech (former owners had the TL Eazy up, flags flying and branding TL). If the "new" new R8 platform is ran anything like the current owner runs the r4 program, RUN! RUN AWAY! If you want to run in a class where the rules now are changed to accommodate whoever the money man is at the time, he even pisses them off eventually as well. The current owner banned me and my team from racing in the 6000 class the day of the draw of the 2018 Laughlin BITD race, reason was because I was in opposition of changes that would divide class, exactly what happened. Look at the history of trophylite and the truck counts, since JASON COBB has taken over we've seen a huge decline in truck counts. Jason Cobb is good at one thing, killing the TL class! I know a few TL owners Jason owes purse money to, also know of one rental that has been repoed from TL to cover some debt. I'm sorry, but I've delt with Jason Cobb and his **** for the past 2 years and seeing this happen and watching my truck along with other TL trucks value decline, truck counts decline, purse hahahahah what purse, #maketrophylitegreatagain #pleasesellr4programtopassionateowner

PS my truck has a badass new fiberwerxs body because Jason Cobb wouldn't return my texts about buying a new body from him (I thought that was how a spec series owner made money), other then the body our truck is 100% tl legal and has been since we acquired it.

pdailey

Racer
After reading the rules, I highly doubt anyone with a current 6100 will race this class. Who in 6100 currently races on a DOT tire?

come on Donald, let the old 6100’s who don’t want to update to the new rules race in 7200. Run what you brung and race whatever RACING tire you want.
Im probably wrong and this class will be good. Regardless, I think the current 6100 class is going to take a big hit. They should have never touched the current 6100 rules. BITD has a really good thing going.

MTPyle

I am not clear how they manage the Grandfathered 6100. If We entered our truck with 4.0 shocks, race trans, forged wheels, wider, longer and a bunch of other goodies the R8 does not have then what do they do? The R8 could not be competitive in its own class.

If I bought a new TLR8 and could only race in the 6800 class but I get beat by all the 6100 guys that got grandfathered in I would be pissed. Seems a receipt for drama.

Could a new TLR8 be competitive in the 2019 6100 class? That’s a big unknown. I know our truck left the way it was from TL would for sure not win a race last year. We had to make a ton of changes and spend big money to even get in the top 10.

no way a new $175k truck can compete with today’s 6100’s that cost $300k new. You sure as heck could not build our truck for $175k new.

Mike

michael.gonzalez

Can some one explain to me how a 6100 can race in trophylite ?
we have been working closely with Best in the Desert for the past few months so we are also inviting the pre-2020 rule change 6100 folks who for one reason or another like their current setup to run with us(6800) in 2020 and beyond. Please see our Press Release attached.

michael.gonzalez

They don't have to slow-down a pre-2020 rule change 6100 truck. That's the appeal.

It is already slow enough.