**** TROPHYLITE teams with TORC for full 2010 schedule ****

GregFoutz

Reaction
TROPHYLITE Embraces the future with TORC adding a full short course series for 2010

Chandler, AZ
September 24, 2009

Now you can choose from long course off-road desert racing or full tilt short course racing in the same TROPHYLITE trucks. In a bold move and weeks of negotiation TROPHYLITE and TORC are happy to announce the next evolution of the TROPHYLITE race series. The addition of a full short course series for the TROPHYLITE trucks that will be run in the TORC series. The addition of the short course race series will be available for all TROPHYLITE teams and will be focused around the west coast races held by TORC. The General Tire TROPHYLITE off-road race series will still have a full 5 or 6 race desert series and championship as it has in years past. The addition of the short course series will enhance the options open to truck and team owners.

TROPHYLITE teaming up with TORC makes sense to bring a low cost spec truck class to the TORC series. In addition to working with TORC this will also allow TROPHYLITE to work with USAC on the series for safety and rules for the events. USAC is well known for their involvement in motorsports and their governing of events.

TROPHYLITE and USAC are in the process of working through a rule modification that will allow drivers to enter the TORC events in a TROPHYLITE truck at the age of 14 years old with their parental permission. Another bold move by the group to bridge the gap for the younger drivers wanting to get into trucks and build their experience.

Look for the next General Tire TROPHYLITE race for 2009 to be held at the TORC race in Las Vegas on October 23- 24 at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. This will be the debit of the TROPHYLITE trucks in the TORC series aimed to carry the momentum into next years full schedule.

TROPHYLITE owner and President Greg Foutz commented "Working with TORC is exciting for us. It will be allot of work for all of us at TROPHYLITE but I think it will be great for the guys that want to go racing in the short course stuff and not have to shell out tons of money. This will provide a real competitive and inexpensive way to race a truck in the TORC series. The guys at USAC have been awesome in helping with getting the driving ages down to 14 for us so that we can use this as a spring board for the up and coming drivers too. This will be provide racers with the lowest cost of entry into a competitive short course off-road race program with TROPHYLITE. Keeping the spec trucks the same allows everyone to race longer desert races and short course with the same truck."

With full turnkey TROPHYLITE trucks starting at only $51,500 this will be the most affordable truck class available in the short course racing world. TROPHYLITE also has rental trucks available and full arrive and drive programs that will start in 2010 for all TORC races.

"This is one of those things that just makes sense to me. These TROPHYLITE trucks are a great value and I think will be great to watch. I have driven these trucks and they are a blast. I know that working with Greg and the TROPHYLITE guys will be great and bring some well needed affordable racing to our TORC series." said Ricky Johnson when asked about the new venture.

For more information www.torcseries.com and www.usacracing.com/torc_index

The final two races of the General Tire TROPHYLITE® Series will be here before you know it! With a very close points chase and a purse of $65,500 on the line, the final two rounds are sure to be exciting. Be sure to visit the TROPHYLITE® website often for the latest news, updates and photos!

If you would like to speak to someone about TROPHYLITE, please call (480) 633-3010.

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
sounds like lots of $$$$$$$ in fiberglass it is cool about the torc deal

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
now maybe i can get rid of the 3 i have................

JMS

Reaction
I will keep my mouth closed so this doesn't turn into another one of those threads!

Great job Greg, this is huge news for the class, next year is gonna be huge for TL

Wish I could swing buying those 3 that are for sale right now, I could start my own rental business.... :)

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
I will keep my mouth closed so this doesn't turn into another one of those threads!

Great job Greg, this is huge news for the class, next year is gonna be huge for TL

Wish I could swing buying those 3 that are for sale right now, I could start my own rental business.... :)

since greg is now renting trucks and doing arrive and drive racing , you probably wouldnt be welcome at tl races anymore................stadium racing in the tls will be GREATFUN for the tl drivers but think about racing prolites with 2 plug wires removed.... very exciting for the crowd??? it will be great for the body salesman, hmmmm, wonder who that is????

JMS

Reaction
20+ Evenly matched trucks, I would say it will definitely be exciting!!

Fiberglass replacement is a built in cost of any shortcourse racing, plan on 2 bodies per race weekend otherwise don't bother entering

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
are we going to be allowed to modify the tires or do we have to keep them stock otherwise the trucks will not look that great out there just slipping and sliding around

mitch mathers

Reaction
20+ Evenly matched trucks, I would say it will definitely be exciting!!

Fiberglass replacement is a built in cost of any shortcourse racing, plan on 2 bodies per race weekend otherwise don't bother entering

Mike, Any word how much the new bodies are going to run ??? Also heard we have to join USAC to run TORC...Heard anything about that ???

JMS

Reaction
No idea but im sure Greg will chime in, I'll be seeing him next week so maybe I can torcher him enough to get a little more insider info to throw at you guys...will be cool to have two full series to choose from, Im still unsure which way im leaning (dez or short course) but this sounds very intriguing!

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
Sounds cool. Nicely done TORC, Trophy Lite, RJ and Greg...Will there be TV coverage for the TL's or has that not been discused yet??? Also as soon as a schedule is posted that would be great to see...

GregFoutz

Reaction
Here are a few answers for now. More to come as I get them.

Ricky Johnson at TORC is still working on the schedule and it wont be ready for a couple of weeks for sure so I will get that out as soon as we can once they release the dates and locations of the TORC events. This year we will only focus on the west coast stuff for the points championship for the short course stuff so it keeps the costs down overall. I am also trying to make sure that our desert events and TORC events dont fall on the same or close weekends so I need to work on that balance.

For the 2010 season (not including our next race this October) will have a short course rule book with some minor things that can be done for the TORC races. We have a hit list of things we will allow to help the trucks work in the short course set up. We are considering (I emphasize considering) smaller fuel cell, no spare tires, no co-drivers or seats, 31" tall tires.... Some stuff like that. Not big things that would make it impossible to run a truck in the desert. We want to make sure that the trucks can race both short course and desert series races without a huge investment in changes.

We have talked about TV package for the short course but its too early to know if its feasable for us for the first season. I am working on sponsor stuff now and will know more in the next couple of weeks.

Same holds true for purse and winnings from TROPHYLITE like we have had in the desert series. We are working on the series sponsor stuff now and will know more about how that will all work out in the next month or so. I wont take away from the desert series points funds to make it all happen. I think we can generate other sponsor dollars to help with the short course purse money.

I am also working with the guys at USAC now to get all of the rules and details in place. Its likely that you will have to have a USAC membership for the 2010 season to race any of the TORC events. This is being figured out now and I will let you all know more as I get information on all of it.

Again as I learn more and more I will continue to feed the information out. If anyone wants to discuss it in the mean time you can contact me by PM or call me at the shop at 480-633-3010

Thanks

CR29

Reaction
What a waste of time this will be!

CR29

Reaction
We don't need another gimmick class, desert vehicles have been tried before and were a joke. If classes are added they need to be a short-course vehicle that develops a driver to climb the ladder of short-course racing. TV needs to focus on and improve for the 4 Pro classes not this. Stay in the desert

GregFoutz

Reaction
We don't need another gimmick class, desert vehicles have been tried before and were a joke. If classes are added they need to be a short-course vehicle that develops a driver to climb the ladder of short-course racing. TV needs to focus on and improve for the 4 Pro classes not this. Stay in the desert
TROPHYLITE coming to TORC gives racers a low cost way to get into short course and still be able to work on quality sponsor relationships. TROPHYLITE bridges the gap between cost and quality racing that is not filled now in short course. A turnkey truck now is only $51,500 and pretty low cost to maintain with the spec rules. That means that guys cant win races with their wallets for a change.... With 26 existing TROPHYLITE trucks I think we will see fields of about 10 to 15 trucks out there. They are very closely matched and should be entertaining to watch. We worked with USAC also to get the age in our TROPHYLITE short course races down to 14 years old. This gives the younger group a chance to get racing in a truck at an earlier age and again not spend tons of money to get going. I feel that the addition of TROPHYLITE to the short course race series will be good and hopefully later on you will agree. I am excited about it and look forward to 2010......