trophylite vs superlite

xnoregretsx

Reaction
opinons?... thoughts?... facts?...

theyre about the same price... i looked into both and i cant decide wich i like more

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
My vote would be for a Trophy Lite. Not only a bitchen ride but also a nice purse payout if you win...Trophy Lite the way to go (And no I do not own one)

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
My vote would be for a Trophy Lite. Not only a bitchen ride but also a nice purse payout if you win...Trophy Lite the way to go (And no I do not own one)

X2 and media coverage

Pro-Lite Brian

Reaction
Seems like it depends on the type of racing venue you want to participate in...

Trophy Lite pretty much hands all the other "Mini" vehicles their ***** when it comes to the complete package for people looking at racing in the desert (2009 season includes one short course event).

SuperLite has been focused more on the short-course side of things. Some places they will be racing against Pro-Lites, and will get hammered. Other series have them race in their own class...

fullthrottle

Reaction
I thought about the Trophlite and the C1 Lite for a long time. I ended up going with the desert version of the FPO Superlight which is five inches longer with bypass shocks at all corners. I chose to go with the 2.4L Ecotec. See the attached thread regarding the Desert Lites.

http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55404&page=11
;)

Leising

Reaction
I checked out both cars before I made a purchase and am currently owning my second Superlite.... anyone that is interested in checking out the cars is welcome to come meet me at the track with my 09 SuperLite and ride in the truck while we are already there testing

xnoregretsx: let me know if you want to come out
and that goes for anyone else out there that is serious and wants to see how the SuperLites handle

Email me @ LeisingRacing@yahoo.com

random hero

Reaction
I checked out both cars before I made a purchase and am currently owning my second Superlite.... anyone that is interested in checking out the cars is welcome to come meet me at the track with my 09 SuperLite and ride in the truck while we are already there testing

xnoregretsx: let me know if you want to come out
and that goes for anyone else out there that is serious and wants to see how the SuperLites handle

Email me @ LeisingRacing@yahoo.com

what do the superlites cost?
EDIT: found it, 55k

In FPO's video, the superlight looks FAST... much faster than the trophy lite, are there many of these superlight's out there?

Leising

Reaction
I believe theres 6 Running, 2 almost done that are sold and a very good chance the number of cars may triple in the next two months :D

hammer down racing

Reaction
Something else to think about would be prep costs. Trophy Lites seem to be fairly inexpensive in the motor and trans departments. How are the Superlites?

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
The FPO Superlite was designed as a short course style truck, the new F-1 is a desert version, longer wheelbase (longer rear arms) wider track width and new front geometry to allow coil & 2.5 bypass. Small power rack, slightly different roof design and an alumium body to keep the buggy look.

Prep should be just as simple as anything else, all standard heims, misaligns, bushings. Nothing to raise a prep cost familiar with manufacturer only items.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
have you guys seen the checks they give out at those trophylite races???? i have not but i hear they are pretty cool................

fullthrottle

Reaction
have you guys seen the checks they give out at those trophylite races???? i have not but i hear they are pretty cool................

They do have a great purse, however I prefer transaxles and building your own car along with having more choices rather than a spec. class! Lets get a Desert Lites Class for all the FPO Superlights, FPO F-1 Lites, C1 Lites, Trophylites, Mason Pro-Runners with Ecotec's, and 5 open cars that are willing to change to a Ecotec.;)

D4D

Reaction
There is BIG news coming from the Super Lite side of things in the next 10 days or so. If you are on the fence about what truck to buy hold out a few days, this announcement will make the decesion easy for you!

ONE_RJ

Reaction

The checks are very impressive and the class just keeps getting better. 2009 sounds like it will be monumental, hang in there, your name will be on some, but not all!!!

Leising

Reaction
Id listen to ApexKiller on waiting another 10 days. ;)
I ran an entire race season and desert season on my Superlite and am still running the same set up withouth doing any more than changing my oil.
My offer still stands on test rides!
Anyone thats going to be in Gordons over the week/weekend-look for me in the black Kal-Gard Truck

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
bullydogcorrsuperlite series?????

DaughertyRacing

Reaction
Bullysnoopdogtraxxisamsoilsuperlite series:rolleyes:

Last edited:

hoeker

Reaction
There is BIG news coming from the Super Lite side of things in the next 10 days or so. If you are on the fence about what truck to buy hold out a few days, this announcement will make the decesion easy for you!

is this the superlite on the AOR race schedule?