• Forum membership has its advantages....

On Topic Truck and motorcycle stolen at contingency, please be on the look out!

JAM1600

Fellow racer had his 2007 Chevrolet long bed pickup with his. KX450 stolen while attending contingency yesterday around 3pm. License plate 8J51540. Passport and wallet was in the truck........

1fastbean

Rookie
Gosh I hate hearing about this stuff in Baja.
Was the truck parked in a secure lot? I never understood why people leave valuables in their vehicles down there. Hope he gets his stuff back.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

deano

McDeano
That's bad news, bummed for the racer ... Let's hope the rest of the race has more positives ..

FAT ROB !

Fellow racer had his 2007 Chevrolet long bed pickup with his. KX450 stolen while attending contingency yesterday around 3pm. License plate 8J51540. Passport and wallet was in the truck........

BAJA_SPREAD 2 SMALL_photo7_600px.jpg

Can you post a picture of what the Truck looks like ?

offroadracer516

This is the main reason we quit going to Baja. Its no fun when you have to worry about your stuff every second your away from it. Its also no fun to expect people to sit with a truck all day so others can go to tech. We did the code race last december in mexicali. Got off scott free. But from what i hear stuff gets stolen way more often in ensenada. Is it worth it? For a small budget team like ours. No. Hope they find this guys stuff.

JDDurfey

A simple starter interrupt switch is cheap insurance.

I've never had anything stolen like this, bummer for him.

partybarge_pilot

This is the main reason we quit going to Baja. Its no fun when you have to worry about your stuff every second your away from it. Its also no fun to expect people to sit with a truck all day so others can go to tech. We did the code race last december in mexicali. Got off scott free. But from what i hear stuff gets stolen way more often in ensenada. Is it worth it? For a small budget team like ours. No. Hope they find this guys stuff.
No worse than the thieving tweekers in Barstow.

JAM1600

Same guy?
Nope, this happened to Brian Coneen, he had to skip the race and get back to close his bank account and credit cards. Just had dinner with him tonight. He is doing fine and got everything closed today. Talked to his insurance company, the DMV and all of his financial institutions.

JAM1600

No worse than the thieving tweekers in Barstow.
Agreed, not blaming Mexico on this and he will return as soon as he gets another passport. For anyone that this happens to it was no trouble getting back across the border because he had a police report. Showed them that and they let him cross with no problems.

johndjmix

It's very cheap to hire a security guard to literally have 24x7 sit with your stuff. Not sure why so many crews here don't do it. $200 or less for the week. Just go through someone you know/trust.

--John

Trophylite #6013
Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

DustJunkie

Leave nothing in your car that you can't do without. Whenever I park in Baja I pull the underhood relays. It would take a bunch of time to steal my truck.