• Forum membership has its advantages....

Truck Build

Mike Kegs

Chassis: Toyota
Class: Unlimited (modified)
Seating: 2
Body: Cab Sheet, Front & Rear 1/4's fiberglass
Suspension:
Front-IFS Total Chaos
Rear-Cantilever (Cash Bred Offroad Fab)
Drivetrain:
Engine-MLRE Dart 427 LSX N/A Dailey DS
Transmission-ATD TH400 Reid Cased
Rear Axle-Camburg Fab 9", 4.11/Spooled FF/40sp
Steering-Howe/PSC hybrid ram assist system
Cooling:
Steering-CBR
Engine-CBR
Trans-CBR
Oil-CBR

Bought this truck from a first class guy in SoCal by the name of Robert. He had the truck fully prep'd and in real good shape. Ran a 22re with 5 speed originally. Then I got the itch, and decided to go all in on this. So we blew it apart and so begins the story. I'll update with pictures frequently.

Please give advise and best practices!

-Mike

Mike Kegs

LS foam block mock up, and cbr cooler mounting thoughts. It was now we decided that the original tubing is not sufficient for build plans....

IMG_2484.JPG
IMG_2506.jpg

Mike Kegs

So after looking around the San Antonio area, I found a good shop that can pretty much do it all. Cash Bred Offroad will be handling all fab and suspension work. Here are a couple pics of it rolling into the shop.

IMG_6029.JPG
IMG_7761.JPG

Mike Kegs

So now I am components shopping and building. Here is a pic of the fuel delivery system I chose. Aeromotive Dual Phantom kit that I installed into the JAZ fuel tank. Plan is to have the primary run, and have the second as a redundancy. Each line has their own filter, so in the event of degraded pressure, a simple switch to other pump should eliminate downtime.
IMG_2691.PNG
Cell phone pic...sorry

-Mike
IMG_2700.PNG

Mike Kegs

Arc Flat Touch Switch Panel W/relay arrived. Using a weatherproof poly box to mount chassis relays into. Still putting together order for weatherproof connectors.
IMG_2958.JPG
IMG_5280.JPG
IMG_8581.JPG

Mike Kegs

Another box showed up from the fellas at Kartek Offroad. 3 Gal oil reservoir along with a CBR dual pass oil cooler to help the dry sump system come along. The fresh air pumper came as well, ill snag a pic once I unroll it from the wrap. Went with PCI. Finally, Howe steering advised I should run a cooler with his kit, so CBR dual spall mini cooler will hand that. All the pieces are here for fab to begin, so hopefully i can get some tube shots coming in the coming weeks.
-Mike
IMG_8201.JPG
IMG_9588.JPG
IMG_8594.JPG
IMG_8790.JPG

Attachments

Dezertpilot

With all those high end go fast parts you would have come out money ahead with starting from scratch on that truck. Good luck! Ill be watching this thread.

Mike Kegs

With all those high end go fast parts you would have come out money ahead with starting from scratch on that truck. Good luck! Ill be watching this thread.
Agreed! I'll run this truck and see if I'm any good. If I decide to keep at it I may go with something more purpose built. May sell down the road too, next guy shouldn't have to worry about components to much.
-Mike

Mike Kegs

HP pump, tank with filter, and custom stroked ram from PSC. Hopefully I see the S
IMG_2157.JPG
cout gearbox this week.

Mike Kegs

IMG_3013.PNG
Firewall and floor pan removed and you can see on the from where we plan to back halve from. Progress is slow and steady.