truck for motor and trans?

singlehanded

Reaction
My friend has a motor and trans. that he wants to put in a prerunner just to have fun with not race. Its a 351w with 600 hp and a c4 trans with reverse manual valvebody. He is looking for a roller but is not sure what he needs suspension and other things so he doesnt break everything. he wants to spend around 10k+ or he is just gonna sell the motor and get a complete truck. any idea
thanks

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

In_the_works

Reaction
That's a pretty heavy duty motor for a "have fun" truck, I have a 351w also, mind telling me what he did to it to get 600hp out of it?

'96 F-150 4x4 ex cab
'02 Maico 250
'03 Sonoma

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Need to bump up to a C6 with that kind of HP. There is Bare Ranger in the classifieds for 1000...that would be gnarly

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

dirtydezracer

Reaction
First off wow 600 hp?? I thought I had a lot.

Now on the subject of suspension ect. It really depends on how fast he wants to go. With all of that power, I can only imagine the temptation..................................
I say get that ranger shell for a grand or so, buy some ford econoline equal length I beams, if you can have someone box & bend them and build you radius arms. In the rear, run a 62" Deaver pack(Erik???) The biggest thing is not to cheap out on shocks!!! 2.5" coilovers as a MINIMUM up front and 2.5" 3 tube bypasses in the rear, if they fit into the budget. By hydraulic bumps for the front too, what's another $500???
If the beams are built right, they should be pretty tough. Leaf spings are pretty much indestructable, and require very little maintainence, if your not a racer.
There is always the option of buying a bolt on kit as well, Mc Neil has some great stuff for Rangers, they have a link in the linkz section.

Oh yeah, don't go cheap on the rollcage ;-)

Drive vigorously, break, repair, repeat.

singlehanded

Reaction
he want to pretty much just get a roller and put the trans and motor in it. His c-4 is built to hell billet servo hardened input shaft and solid drum. the motors got afr's($1400 heads) should I say more. He's gonna take the solid roller cam out and dull it down a bit maybe 500hp. But I was thinkin he should go with a fullsize, baja concepts mostly everything is very expensive and race ready. Wheres the best place to look to find a roller besides this site. Can he find a nice fullsize roller for around $10,000 that doesnt need to be race ready?

P.S. It doesnt have to be street legal either going to just tow it out and have fun with it.

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I need a friend like yours! Check Baja Brokers website as they sometimes have rollers in there. Good luck!

See ya in the dirt!

ESB4130

Reaction
dont mess around with a mini truck if you have 600 hp. get a burly driveline...get a f150 extra cab frame and cab....and drop if off at a fab shop like camburg or something. if your pullin that much hp and you want to use it.... you want a big fullsize truck pulling over 20 at each corner. go 4 link for sure, i beams in the front, 3.0 shocks, and have fun. think Ians f150 with 600 hp.....

robert_encinas

Reaction
you just put him in the over 10 grand area.although i do agree with you ,that motor would need a suspension system able to keep up with it.in my opinion that is too much horsepower for a mini truck, unless you are racing it in trophy truck class. in that case 10 grand will get you your shocks.