truck stereo system

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
do the trucks like the stewert raceworks or any of the other high end luxury prerunners have a good stereo system? or does anyone have any suggestions on stereo stuff for a truck that will be used off road. The interior of my truck will be sealed competely. but i want something so i can sit sit at a pit in the middle of baja nad listen to music. im thinking marine grade stereo stuff is tha tthe best bet?

_

Reaction
Get a XM receiver and wire it into both intercom and an amplifier. Add speakers to fit your listening pleasure. The XM has limited circuitry and no moving parts providing greater reliability in an aggressive and dirty environment. Activate the amp with a toggle and incorporate a volume control switch into the system. Some have added external marine speakers to their pre-runners so they can play play tunes and/or the comm radio externally.

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
Get a XM receiver and wire it into both intercom and an amplifier. Add speakers to fit your listening pleasure. The XM has limited circuitry and no moving parts providing greater reliability in an aggressive and dirty environment. Activate the amp with a toggle and incorporate a volume control switch into the system. Some have added external marine speakers to their pre-runners so they can play play tunes and/or the comm radio externally.
thats a rad idea i like that haha.

yeah satilite radio is required in mexico. cds and the ipods get boring after a while

pciscott

Reaction
I agree save the space and do not put a deck in, they do not hold up to the dust or abuse. I have both XM and Ipod in mine. I have had some issues in Mexico with my XM further South so the Ipod is good backup. Put your Amplifier excite wire on a switch and I do advise using an XM device with a volume control like one of the personal units as this makes for less parts when installing.

charlie_brown

Reaction
sat radio would be a good way to go but, i dont want to pay for something that is free. i just use a cheap head unit with a 3.5 input jack for my mp3 player, a 10 disk cd changer (for the streets). i have a hot rod air system so i try hard to keep the dust down inside. i replace the head unit about every 3-5 years. you got to mount it not only with the little basket that comes with it but the screw off the back also. i have made a little "pocket" that it slides in to for support.