Truggy Accident

Donahoe

Reaction
Ok guys I thought I would announce this before it hit the rumor mongers. While testing in Barstow on Thursday morning the Donahoe Racing Truggy had a bad accident. At the start finish line area at Outlet center drive the truggy with Driver Jim Price and Co-driver Bo Gregger Lost control at high speed and rolled several time in a large whoop section with 3 to 4 foot ditches. Both driver and co-driver where air lifted to Arrowhead regional Hospital in Colton. Bo suffered a broken right arm and was released that day. As far as we know right now Jim has suffered a broken back but no spinal cord injuries. His left arm had a compound fracture as well as losing most of the muscles and arteries in his forearm. He was in surgery until 11:00pm at the trauma center in Colton. The doctors to this point have managed to save his arm but we will know more in the next few days. The entire Donahoe Racing staff was on the scene and is all very shaken up. You never think this will happen to you. Jim Price is a very good friend and it is ripping all of us apart to see him hurt. If you want to send Jim Cards or letters send them to Arrow Head Regional hospital in Colton in Care of James Price. Don’t send Flowers.. He is allergic to them. He will be in ICU for a few days and only Family is allowed in. If you guys have ever met Jim Price you know what a neat guy he is so say a prayer for him if you will. Thanks

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
my thoughts are with you jim hope all goes well with you and your family the whole vegas crew is behind you hope to see you out there real soon

Donahoe

Reaction
I wanted to add to this the we feel it was no way a driver error. Jim is a damm good driver.There are lots of speculations of what started the crash but we are not sure at this point. No one actually saw the crash. We are speculating it might have been machanical failure that started it.

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
I've met Jim Price once and I'd like to share that experience:
It was the 2000 AVI 250, I was driving in class5 unlimited with a friend of mine. It was the first time I've ever DROVE in a race. I was to drive the last 2 laps. The car limped in with 3 of the 4 bolts missing from the trailing arm putting a lot of pressure on the CV's and axle. We got it fixed and I started my 2 laps and went on our way. I got 4 miles into the race and the CV let go. At first we thought it was the trans, pulled it back to the pits and figured it out. We did not have a spare so I went running down the pits looking for one. I came to jim's pit, he was kicking back in the AC in his trailer (he'd already broke). I asked if he had a spare CV. This man jumped up tearing through boxes, under spare parts, mumbling stuff like " I know there's one in here somewhere". All of a sudden, he holds up a brand new, already greased CV wraped in Plastic. "Here ya go" he says, didn't ask who I was, what car I was with, or how to get a hold of me after the race. Because of him, we won calss 5 (Ok, we were the only entrant, BUT A WIN IS A WIN BABY). This is the type of guy Jim Price is.
Jim, from the Ward family, I hope you have a full recovery and quick one to boot! I'm sure we'll see you out in the desert soon. Rory Ward and family.

Racers Only<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Rory on 07/20/02 02:13 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

firedog

Reaction
To everyone involved in the accident you are in our thoughts. Good luck on a full and speedy recovery!
Fire Guys Racing

Donahoe

Reaction
I'm Going to print out these comments and bring them to Jim next week so consider this a big get well soon card. This is what Racing is all about, the freinds you gain doing this sport. That was a great story Rory.

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I wish the best of luck to Jim on a fast and full recovery!

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society
U.J.T.S. Manwhore

Dave_G

Reaction
Re: Both driver and co-driver where air lifted to Arrowhead regional Hospital in Colton.

Kreg,
Sorry to hear about the accident and hope they recover soon. Arrowhead is one of the #1 trauma centers in the country so they are in goods hands. Were they airlifter by the sheriff's medivac or Mercy Air?

Best,
Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

JCA

Reaction
Our thoughts and prayers to to all involved! Including you and your family Kreg! Keep your heads up.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

punkassslacker

Reaction
I'm really sorry to hear about the crash. I've never met Jim or Bo but so far everyone that I have met in the off-road racing community is like family, when I've gone to races and talked to anyone who is associated with racing they couldn't be nicer. Hopefully Jim and Bo both make it back to 110%. It really sucks when a member of the "family" gets hurt.

Best of luck to a speedy recovery Jim and Bo

motoxscott

Reaction
It's sad to see people getting hurt doing the things they love so much and have such a passion for.

Our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery go out to everyone involved.

-The Zindroski Family

WeldnFab

Reaction
I've never met Jim Price but heard many things about him, all of them good! It's always sad to hear stories like these. My family, friends and I will keep Jim and his family in our prayers!!!

Build it right the first time......then the second, third and fourth...etc.

Whit_Courtenay

Reaction
Jim,

Although we have never met, I greatly enjoyed our telephone conversations and am looking forward to meeting you in person in the future.

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

May you have a full and speedy recovery.

Your Kentucky Friends,
Whit & Mary Ann Courtenay
MarCourt Racing

Whit Courtenay - MarCourt Racing

J_Dog

Reaction
To both Jim and Bo, we have never met, but my prayers go out ot you. As others have said when one of the desert "family" gets hurt we all feel it. Have a speedy recovery. Kreg, it is nice to see information get out before the rumor mill starts it. Good luck to all.

From your Northern California "family".
Jeff Matlock
Code 3 Motorsports

DMSRACE

Reaction
Hope Jim and Bo have a speeedy recovery and get back to racing...

Kevin

Davis Motorsports

Racer

To live life half throttle would be a waste....

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Boy I hate to hear about these things happening. Our prayers go out to the Price family and the Gregger family. Hope for a full speedy recovery for both and will see you racin in the dez soon.
The Choquette family, Marc and Elizabeth
Vtr Racing

Speed Safely

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I hope both of you fellow racers a full and speedy recovery! My thoughts and prayers go out to both you and your families.

See ya in the dirt!

Gabe Lara

Reaction
My thoughts are with you and your crew, Kreg.
Hang in there, and all the best for a speedy recovery.

-Gabe

RacnCPA

Reaction
Best wishes for a speedy recovery for both Jim and Bo. Our thought are with you.

Sheryl Cannon and the Staff at Miller & Cannon, CPA.

Sc