TRUSSED MY 9" HOUSING.

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
TRUSSED MY 9\" HOUSING.

ok, here it is. the beefed up axle housing. before i did anything, i took it to my buddy at Currie and had each side bent forward a 1/4 inch. so when i welded everything up it would warp back to near straight. this week i will take it back to Currie and they will make sure the housing is true by cutting off the ends and positionining them so that its a straight shot right through the housing, so there will be no leaking problems or axle/spool wear. heres some pics.

Attachments

• 64841-Axil1.JPG
    64841-Axil1.JPG
    216.6 KB · Views: 627

Rprice

Reaction
Re: TRUSSED MY 9\" HOUSING.

When you got it bent 1/4 inch how do you know its going to warp that is it because you welded on that one side? and if you welded it yourself what welder are you using? thanks

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction

i knew it was going to warp to the rear so i had it bent forward. a 1/4 in. is just the standard amount they bend the housings for this kinda thing. it just gets in in the ball park so when they cut the ends off they dont have to move them much to get it true. the welder i use is a Lincoln 155amp. its a 220 volt mig.

Ryan B

Reaction

looks nice, why did you decide not to brace the top also?

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction

well, i didnt do anything across the top because i didnt feel it was necessary. i have allready beat the holy living hell out of the truck for the last 2 years with the non-gessetted housing and didnt bend it. so i really figure the material i added will do the trick. besides, that thing weighs enough as it is! but you never know, i may eat my words down the road, but i think it will be strong enough for my toyota that has a whopping 150 HP.

Attachments

• 64943-03run4fun2-08.jpg
    64943-03run4fun2-08.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 286