• Forum membership has its advantages....

trying to get into desert racing (for good)

Class10DAN

i didn't know what to name the title but i am going out to California tomorrow (as of June 2nd, 2020) and i wanted to know if there is any body in Fullerton thats needs help. (race prep, cleaning, pit crew, etc) you get the point. anyways im just looking to finally get into the swing of things and find my groove so if anybody is interested please DM me.

Thanks and god bless

Daniel Barta

Class10DAN

We are prepping an IFS Ultra4 car in Temecula if you want to get your hands dirty.

Its not a typical desert car but prep is the same.
im down. this weekend might be iffy because im going to be spending time with my dad and family, but next week ill be available. just text me

jon coleman

man, who out there at 3 am prepping on the thursday before contingency& tech. on fri , (till' 9pm),thought' am i gonna make it?, wish Somebody would just show up& help, oooohh dear lord, anyone....

Dave Cole 4454

I used to think it was just me. When Robby first started racing KOH he contacted me in September saying he was getting a car and would call after he finished his Dakar prep after the 1000.

He called on his layover to South America.

First thing he says he is always rushing to finish before a race.

It was at the point I realized I was doing just fine and we all were hosed :)

jon coleman

worst prep for me was for a Barstow race, was actually done a week ahead, couldnt leave well enough alone, dug into front ball joints, yup, putting knukles back on fri before loading to drive to outlet center fri night.old ones fine, moog problem solvers, great ball joints

JDDurfey

If you aren't prepping right up until the race you probably missed something...

In all seriousness, if I somehow became young again I would do exactly what you are trying to do Dan. Hook up with a good team and learn all you can. And from what I see there aren't many better guys than Dave Cole to do it with. You can learn all the aspects of desert racing, including promoting events. Who knows, you may discover that organizing, logistics, and planning events are more your cup of tea than racing and wallah you have yourself a career in racing.