TSA Motorsports 2011 4x4 7200 truck

Team Shark Attack

RDC Crypto
Website
www.tsamotorsports.com
Just a update on the truck. We have been very busy testing and here are some pictures from testing the last few weeks.

lightforce1.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0176.jpg

atomicjoe23

RDC Crypto
Cool, do you know if the curved plywood roof mock-up was contoured by soaking it in water for a really long time and then bending it???

Cool to see the mock-up pic's and see that the mock-ups/bucks can be done with everyday materials, the foam still costs a lot though I bet.

Thanks for sharing the pic's!

Team Shark Attack

RDC Crypto
Website
www.tsamotorsports.com
Cool, do you know if the curved plywood roof mock-up was contoured by soaking it in water for a really long time and then bending it???

Cool to see the mock-up pic's and see that the mock-ups/bucks can be done with everyday materials, the foam still costs a lot though I bet.

Thanks for sharing the pic's!

Yes we used water to curv the plywood for the roof. we soaked it for about a day or so.

Tech Tim

RDC Crypto
Any updates on this truck?

Did it race any races this year?

Any teething problems?

Team Shark Attack

RDC Crypto
Website
www.tsamotorsports.com
Any updates on this truck?

Did it race any races this year?

Any teething problems?

Yes the truck ran the battle at primm. We lost a motor that has been
The only problem with the truck we have lost six motor this year.
We feel strong that the inline 6 is still the way to go so we have been doing
Alot of R&D with the motors. We will be racing it at the rage at the river if the new
Motor guy get the motor done in time.

Slippery P

RDC Crypto
Wow did I read that right you guys have lost 6 engines, what is failing? The truck looks good I like that you guys didnt go monkey see monkey do. Those engines are stout the skilton's ran a high hp jeep six for along time in the quarter eliptic cherokee that thing hauled some ars. I dont know who the builder was but it maybe worth contacting them. I think they ran a dry sump in the car.

Tech Tim

RDC Crypto
Wow, I too am surprised you've went through 6 engines. The Jeep 4.0 inline 6 is a pretty bulletproof engine, even when stroked. I wonder if it has anything to do with the 5.0 storke? The 4.6s and 4.7s seem to work pretty good.

atomicjoe23

RDC Crypto
I would like to know what's failing also because like the others have said the Jeep I-6's are pretty bulletproof. . .they don't seem to care what you do to them (turbo, super, stroke). . .they just keep going. . .

. . .and 6 engines is a LOT!!!

Team Shark Attack

RDC Crypto
Website
www.tsamotorsports.com
Yes the inline six is hard to break and even when they do they still will run that is why I went with this motor. It was the last place I was thinking we would have things go wrong with this build. for the motor we have lost number 6 on every motor but one and it was a valve. We keep thinking Lean condition so we have been working with tuning and stuff to fix it.
The motor when they do run are very strong. We have change builder to see what he comes up with only time will tell. I did talk with Darren Skilton from Baja last night and we are going to talk more when he get back in town.