TSCO TT vs Pro Trucks

RPM Lady

Reaction
I heard on Day 3 that TSCO TT damaged 2 different Pro Trucks. He finished 7 hours behind field. Can anyone please explain to me why this was necessary?

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
What you heard and what really happened are probably not even close to the same.

Someone could question your intentions since your first post on RDC is to throw someone down.

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
Mark Weyhrich is on RDC so i am sure he will come on and tell the story from his seat... Mark and Gary are not people that would just hit someone for no reason... they are good clean racers... aggressive yes but still great guys...

I can speak from experience because Gary hit me so hard at the 2001 Las Vegas 200 in his class 1 Chenowth that i had to b airlifted off the course and now have permenant damage to my 3rd Lumbar Vertebrae... they tried to find my crew after the race but they were all at the University Medical Center waiting for me to be released... my father talked to them at the awards that night and they explained that they had to cap off their rear brakes so all they had were front brakes, when i moved over to let them by they followed then i hit the brakes cause i was running out of runway they couldnt stop and hit me extremely hard... but they apologized and said it was not intentional at all... good group of racers for our community...

JWK Motorsports

Reaction
What you heard and what really happened are probably not even close to the same.

Someone could question your intentions since your first post on RDC is to throw someone down.
very true.. we were nerfed by a one car really hard.. so it seemed, but its part of the sport and there was hardly any damage.. if you are in the way, get out. if its a single track, depending on who is behind you.. persay a TT do ur self a favor and get off the road, they dont mind on taking you for a ride

RPM Lady

Reaction
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to throw anyone under the bus. I'm fairly new to the sport and trying to understand. I was just asking...

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to throw anyone under the bus. I'm fairly new to the sport and trying to understand. I was just asking...
i didnt feel that u threw any 1 under the bus at all... no need to apologize, IMO... u were just asking a ques. it was the way that it was worded that made it seem a bit off... it happens!
How long have you known ryan and alex staats?

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
not to mention they are the race sponsors.

JWK Motorsports

Reaction
didntmean to sound like a jerk or anything... sorry thats just the way it is.. personally tho my team isnt into nerfing.. i was speaking for the big dogs.. hopefully one day ill be there.. hahah

RPM Lady

Reaction
i didnt feel that u threw any 1 under the bus at all... no need to apologize, IMO... u were just asking a ques. it was the way that it was worded that made it seem a bit off... it happens!
How long have you known ryan and alex staats?
Thanks for excusing me, I felt pretty small being it was my first post and I wasn't trying to start anything. My brother was navigator with Steve Staats in the Pro Truck. That's how I knew that they got nerfed. I just haven't had a chance to talk to Craig about the details. Guess I should have...:eek:

jsallenbach

Reaction
TSCO is a first class team, at Parker we went to there pits with are friends that knew them, we where there for a good 2 hours talkin with Mark, Gary and Dick Weyrich, gave my brother and i shirts, showing us there cars. Overall great off-road family. They also let me use there duct tape when my back window broke at the MDR 400. Thanks again guys.

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
I heard on Day 3 that TSCO TT damaged 2 different Pro Trucks. He finished 7 hours behind field. Can anyone please explain to me why this was necessary?

The TSCO TT finished around 10th place on Day 3. The only one that could explain any contact between two race vehicles is the occupants of both vehicles --- certainly not the keyboard experts that thrive on posts like this one. When you say damage, how much damage are you talking about? Dust happens, especially in this race, and contact does happen. If you want the truth, go find the TSCO team and the ProTruck teams and ask them. The rest of us are full of shixxx when it comes to a question like this.:rolleyes:

Forty1Racing

Reaction
TSCO has sponsored the race for countless years, Also pro trucks run 1 1/2 inch tubing. Maybe if they ran a bigger tube the love tap from TSCO wouldn't damage the pro trucks.

Justin

Reaction
TSCO has sponsored the race for countless years, Also pro trucks run 1 1/2 inch tubing. Maybe if they ran a bigger tube the love tap from TSCO wouldn't damage the pro trucks.
What does the tubing size have anything to do with this thread?

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
What does the tubing size have anything to do with this thread?
it was a joke dealing with the whole trophylite tubing size Vs. Protruck tubing size...

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
Thanks for excusing me, I felt pretty small being it was my first post and I wasn't trying to start anything. My brother was navigator with Steve Staats in the Pro Truck. That's how I knew that they got nerfed. I just haven't had a chance to talk to Craig about the details. Guess I should have...:eek:
It was in the way that you asked the question......it can be taken as public slander to a stand up team........and it is NEVER necessary but, there are MANY reasons as to why it can happen.........we need to accept that that is a part of racing, if there is too much dirt and you don't want to let off the gas for fear of getting stuck.....your throttle sticks.....your brakes are out......so lets just wait to hear from Mark as he is always very polite and educated with his responses

cvc motorsports

Reaction
Mark mentioned in his post race interview on the internet that he had gotten into someone pretty hard and that it was not intentional and appoligized. I'm sure he will appoligize himself when he can.

fusionoffroad

Reaction
Mark mentioned in his post race interview on the internet that he had gotten into someone pretty hard and that it was not intentional and appoligized. I'm sure he will appoligize himself when he can.
that may have been the class 3000 car they bumped.no hard feelings on their side just some bent tubes but we own a tube bender and a welder . all is good