TSCO TT vs Pro Trucks

danzar

Reaction
I heard on Day 3 that TSCO TT damaged 2 different Pro Trucks. He finished 7 hours behind field. Can anyone please explain to me why this was necessary?

you should do a little research before you post something, 2nd hand accounts and "heard" are complete BS, there is no need to start a thread based on the that kind of info.

Chase 2

Reaction
you should do a little research before you post something, 2nd hand accounts and "heard" are complete BS, there is no need to start a thread based on the that kind of info.

Dude, did you read the entire thread before posting? There is no need to attack her like that, she backed off her very first post on RDC. She just unknowingly framed her question in a politically incorrect way. Attacking her is BS.

Tipracer

Reaction
Dude, did you read the entire thread before posting? There is no need to attack her like that, she backed off her very first post on RDC. She just unknowingly framed her question in a politically incorrect way. Attacking her is BS.
I second that

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction

What Keith stated was hardly an attack... no name calling, just offering advice.. good advice. FYI, Keith was in the right seat of TT9.

From where I stand, it is asking for trouble to make such a pot-stirring and finger-pointing post be your first post on RDC...hardly an "unknowingly framed" question.

pciscott

Reaction
When you wield a Sledge Hammer any blow is hard and the difference between hard and crashing is just a few MPH. I do not like to make contact with anyone, sometimes it happens. With that said the dust in Nevada is the worst we race on and a Protruck can keep even the fastest of Trophy Trucks sucking dust. The only way to get by is to have a helicopter warning the guy in front or take a chance? Sometimes the chance we take can cause contact that is not intentional, I am not defending TSCO, just understanding what can happen. My question to the Protruck guys is should a faster vehicle just follow you guys when after the pass we are gone???Dust sucks, but it is part of what we do.

randy s

Reaction
mirrors and good co-drivers are wonderful things.

rickf

Reaction
SENTINEL
Tested on different 2004 World Cup events and used successfully on the 2005 Dakar, Sentinel is a safety horn whose function is to facilitate overtaking between cars, bikes and trucks.Sentinel is linked to the horn of the vehicle that wants to overtake. When the horn is sounded, Sentinel transmits the information digitally to the target vehicle up to 150 metres in open terrain. The driver or rider of the target vehicle receives a sound warning (110dB buzzer) and is visually informed (powerful 50-diode flashing light). He then replies to the vehicle following, whose race number has been digitally transmitted, by briefly sounding his own horn. The former then receives an OK-to-pass signal (sound and light).

Sentinel is also fitted with a powerful alarm function with a range of up to 500 metres in open terrain which issues a warning if an accident has occurred or a vehicle has come to a halt but is out of sight. A sound and light sequence is triggered in all vehicles arriving on the scene, or approaching a vehicle that is stuck in the sand behind a dune.

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
SENTINEL
Tested on different 2004 World Cup events and used successfully on the 2005 Dakar, Sentinel is a safety horn whose function is to facilitate overtaking between cars, bikes and trucks.Sentinel is linked to the horn of the vehicle that wants to overtake. When the horn is sounded, Sentinel transmits the information digitally to the target vehicle up to 150 metres in open terrain. The driver or rider of the target vehicle receives a sound warning (110dB buzzer) and is visually informed (powerful 50-diode flashing light). He then replies to the vehicle following, whose race number has been digitally transmitted, by briefly sounding his own horn. The former then receives an OK-to-pass signal (sound and light).

Sentinel is also fitted with a powerful alarm function with a range of up to 500 metres in open terrain which issues a warning if an accident has occurred or a vehicle has come to a halt but is out of sight. A sound and light sequence is triggered in all vehicles arriving on the scene, or approaching a vehicle that is stuck in the sand behind a dune.

I would definately pay for this.

Migwire

Reaction
I heard on Day 3 that TSCO TT damaged 2 different Pro Trucks. He finished 7 hours behind field. Can anyone please explain to me why this was necessary?

Mark passed 53 cars in 2 days.. I'm pretty sure he was on a mission. I saw both trucks at the finish and heard the stories. The Dust out there was crazy. It was clearly unintentional I'm sure. And Mark did apologize in the post race interview. I've seen ALOT worse nerfing..

rickf

Reaction
Yeah but you have way more money than us.

Without knowing how much they RENT for........................................c'mon guys!
You've got cellphones, blackberrys, sat radio, etc., etc., etc.

You wouldn't want this while stuck in a big ol' silt bed?

danzar

Reaction

no attack, just some advice. Don't get all worked up. Internet racing is the real BS... you can still view my post, even though it reached the low rank by clicking on the "view post" on the right side.

Last edited:

Joser1726

Reaction
Desert Racing is going to be rough on you and your race vehicle almost 99.9997% of the time, you will hit rocks, trees, deep ruts that will rip your spindle off and the occasional car in front of you... almost all of them happen because of DUST.
Dust is almost like a stripper (do not mean to offend any strippers on RDZ) they have you so worked up, and you think your going to make a pass and WHAMMMM, you hit a wall when she says thanks for the dance. In this case it was a car in front of you but i hope you get my analogy lol.

M.Harvey1600

Reaction

i am curious if this only works if the vehicle in front of you also has this system???

what i mean is will it work for a civilian vehicle on the racecourse in front of you??? cause this is a legitimately dangerous part of racing both in the states and in baja!!!

i would welcome a system like this with open arms if it could save lives of racers and spectators... it kills me to see spectators on the racecourse... it makes your heart jump up into your throat...

at the 2007 Baja 1000 i had a spectator driving up the racecourse backwards!!! :eek: scary to be 5th gear pinned and see the grill of a full size chevy coming at you... with cactus on either side of you... this occured after El Arco coming into San Igancio, right before the large DUMP area... a transponder that would have warned me ahead of time would have been amazing in this situation....

at the Baja 500 this year Mikey Childress was hit by a spectator while Mikey was racing his BIKE... also what about the other biker that was airlifted after he was also struck by a spectator... there is so many scary situations that i feel can be avoided with the amount of technology available today!!!

prerunner1499

Reaction
I believe the Sentinels only work if BOTH vehicles are runing them they are hooked into the system of each vehicle. I looked into these a few years ago and even got some literature at one time. They are COOL! But only work if the rig in fromt of you has one too.