TSCO TT vs Pro Trucks

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
I believe the Sentinels only work if BOTH vehicles are runing them they are hooked into the system of each vehicle. I looked into these a few years ago and even got some literature at one time. They are COOL! But only work if the rig in fromt of you has one too.

thats what i was thinking....

does anyone know of a system available that can detect an object in front of you??? like the Sentinel system but for all vehicles... the way racing is going these days we need a warning system!!! instincts can only take you so far...

I have had more scary instances with NON-RACE vehicles on the course than actual vehicles racing... its scary and stupid...

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT???
GOD MUST LOVE STUPID PEOPLE, HE SURE CREATED A LOT OF THEM!!!

StaatsRace1

Reaction
One of the Protrucks that was hit was ours. It happens. That's what happens when your racing through the dust. Mark apoligized for what he did. I'm over it. see you at the silver state 300.

Sparky

Reaction
mirrors and good co-drivers are wonderful things.

But even in nasty dust, we can't always see the fast guys coming up behind us. We had a Class 1 on our butt at Barstow and I heard his horn but could not see him.

I will say that it makes a HUGE difference when the fast guys run some lights during the day - it makes it much easier to see them coming up in the dust behind us. I think there should be a rule making it mandatory for the fast guys to run a light on the front of their car all the time. As much as the rear amber makes it easier for them to see us, a front light would make it easier for us to see them.

Now back to the topic at hand...

The TSCO guys apologized ON LIVE TV about hitting that Protruck so hard, and that was before anyone else knew that it happened. It was like one of the first things that he said when they started interviewing them.

I think we have beat this topic to death. Everyone knows it was an accident; apologies were given and accepted. Lets get back to racing.

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
I will say that it makes a HUGE difference when the fast guys run some lights during the day - it makes it much easier to see them coming up in the dust behind us. I think there should be a rule making it mandatory for the fast guys to run a light on the front of their car all the time. As much as the rear amber makes it easier for them to see us, a front light would make it easier for us to see them.

thats an awesome idea... we only run a 1600 car but i am starting to run lights on the front of our car all the time

dislocated1

Reaction
#9 came up on our lil 'ol jeep pretty hot on Day two before pit three..... popped out of the dust I waved my hand they backed off we pulled over and the continued on.... Seemed pretty patient and let us get out of the race line.....

charlie_brown

Reaction
Originally Posted by Sparky

i have requested this from score several times. when i am working at a road crossing in baja, with some classes, its hard to tell if it is a racer or "racerX". and when some of them that do not prerun they may miss the turnoff back on the dirt.

rickf

Reaction
i am curious if this only works if the vehicle in front of you also has this system???

what i mean is will it work for a civilian vehicle on the racecourse in front of you??? cause this is a legitimately dangerous part of racing both in the states and in baja!!!

i would welcome a system like this with open arms if it could save lives of racers and spectators... it kills me to see spectators on the racecourse... it makes your heart jump up into your throat...

at the 2007 Baja 1000 i had a spectator driving up the racecourse backwards!!! :eek: scary to be 5th gear pinned and see the grill of a full size chevy coming at you... with cactus on either side of you... this occured after El Arco coming into San Igancio, right before the large DUMP area... a transponder that would have warned me ahead of time would have been amazing in this situation....

at the Baja 500 this year Mikey Childress was hit by a spectator while Mikey was racing his BIKE... also what about the other biker that was airlifted after he was also struck by a spectator... there is so many scary situations that i feel can be avoided with the amount of technology available today!!!

Yes, it has to be run by all the vehicles to work.
No, it will not work on vehicles not running the system.
The only way this works if it mandated by the race promoter.
Yes, it will cost some money. (And people will **BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** about it)
It is a PROVEN system and, with the economy of scale, is relatively inexpensive per race.
Probably about the cost of one BFG project or one third the cost of a good motorcycle exhaust.

Ask Rubber Gordon what he thinks of it. Or Mark Miller.