Tt#1 in-car qualify video "hold on"

Bridges

Senior Replay
Reaction
http://www.vimeo.com/6183105

(approx view time 3pm Aug 18 PST) video conversion in process...

Team CHM Huffman with Jerry Whelchel at the helm qualify and run headlong into a 3rd place starting position for the 2009 Best In the Desert - Las Vegas to Reno 1000 mile race.

This the "longest offroad race in America" takes place Aug 20-23 through some of the most desolate and roughest terrain on the planet. "We're dead serious about this race" stated driver / owner Chet Huffman. "We've had our share of race incidents this year and it's time to bring it on home. We've done extensive testing and are very pleased with the trucks performance going into this race"

Whelchel- "Andy got us by a few seconds yesterday in qualify but it's going to be a very long race that will present all manner of challenges for each competitor. We look to lead a charge for the WIN and are very confident with our crew and our equipment".

For further and ongoing race updates go to www.dirtnewz.com
www.chethuffmanmotorsports.com
Series info: www.bitd.com

xjchaser

Reaction
that was awesome Does Jerry even wear a shoulder harness he was moving around in the seat quite abit LOL :eek:

CaptinCrash

Reaction
thats a long lap

Desert_Roller

Reaction
Where is the Jerry Welchel I know?

1. Sitting in the passenger seat giving Chet pointers?
2. Heavily medicated on cold medicine?
3. Ted not being in the right seat slowed him down that much?
4. Heavy lunch at the Great Greek?
5. Text messaging while driving?

No wonder that other guy qualified first, Jerry was distracted or not even in the truck!

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
Pretty cool video.

fast eddie

Reaction
nice work way to get it up qwick!!!! congrads on the qualifing good luck in the race!!!
p.s good thing were not there racing hahahaha

ChromolyKid

Reaction
Sweet video!

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
doesn't seem as fast as usual Jerry.........going a bit slower into turns....just saying that I've seen him way faster

LukeHuff

Reaction
Where is the Jerry Welchel I know?

1. Sitting in the passenger seat giving Chet pointers?
2. Heavily medicated on cold medicine?
3. Ted not being in the right seat slowed him down that much?
4. Heavy lunch at the Great Greek?
5. Text messaging while driving?

No wonder that other guy qualified first, Jerry was distracted or not even in the truck!

watch it bud. Jerry's still faster than you.

Fast Eddy

Reaction
that was awesome Does Jerry even wear a shoulder harness he was moving around in the seat quite abit LOL :eek:
He sure does move around alot. I know Jerry's been around a long time but it does seem kinda dangerous. Looked like a nice smooth lap other then then the big nose up shot near the end.

Bridges

Senior Replay
Reaction
doesn't seem as fast as usual Jerry.........going a bit slower into turns....just saying that I've seen him way faster
yo negro,

"you're right"! The camera got hammered in the side shot on the 3rd turn in actual qualify where you see the glitch so I had to swap the lap out with the prior "practice" lap. I thought someone would have caught me because of the train in the shot from the overhead on the final (POV II) which is the actual QUALIFY LAP. (sunseeker shot)

thanks for the kudos - It all begins tomorrow.
Everyone filing into Beatty now as the sun sets.....

tick tock.........

BlueBear

Prep/Woody/Sleepy/Drive-Bear
Reaction
you can see his should belts hanging below the pumper hose! gnarly! Jerry is a little nutty! at 8:45 looked like it left a mark in the jump!

57Racer

Reaction
No shoulder belts is insane! Hope that never bites him.
Not that I agree with it, but he probably just does that for practice to "feel loose" and have maximum vision. Of course that can be debatable when you bounce around like that...
But, I have seen him in actual races wearing the shoulder belts.

RACERX686

Reaction
Thats just how Jerry drives, he has always had his belts very loose. Just his way of doing things I guess. You can see it in every pov video of him. To each his own, but id rather stay in my seat..lol Still he is my favorite driver to watch.... congrats and good luck to Jerry and the team....

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
why not just put the seat closer or wheel closer to the seat so you can still be all up on the wheel and safe?

Bridges

Senior Replay
Reaction
It's on!

9:35 Casey running a tight ship!

TT#1 Team CHM on-track and running hard.

IT'S ON!
GO TO www.trackinginternational.com for full race coverage and webstream.

Big thanks to TRAXXAS for it's support in this race!
www.traxxas.com

Attachments