Tt#1 on the pole - terribles 250

Bridges

Senior Replay
Reaction
http://vimeo.com/4198802

Team CHM with Whelchel at the helm run and capture the Pole Position in the 2009 BITD Terribles 250.

Whelchel found himself in familiar surroundings running the FORD TT#1 on the Famous PRIMM "shortcourse" track which was approx half of the 2 mile qualify lap run. The FORD powered TT#1 bested second place finisher A/M by nearly 5 seconds.

"In my head it was the PRO2 but after the first turn I remembered this machine is a Desert execution vehicle but HEY it was a hell of allot of fun. Thanks to Casey for always keeping it interesting and lots of fun!"

Team CHM defend their #1 title in what promises to be an all out speed battle on the 3 loop race course set in the Nevada desert.

"Checkers or wreckers" is the word heard in the CHM pit.

Last edited:

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Nice vid thanks for posting!

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
Great drive by Jerry and great job by the whole team, you earned it.

It was obvious who had short course experience yesterday and you guys showed everyone ow its done. Congrats!

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
is there a point to feathering the throttle in the air???

lucky909

Reaction
NEG ,there is a point , it's a combo of style and keeping RPM'S up when you land. also a comfort thing. Bike guys have been doing it for a long time. Jerry drives like James Stewart rides!

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
NEG ,there is a point , it's a combo of style and keeping RPM'S up when you land. also a comfort thing. Bike guys have been doing it for a long time. Jerry drives like James Stewart rides!
doesn't it hurt the drivetrain when you land???

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
cool video, when did they go Ford?
I noticed they have been switching every race or so. They ran a chevy at the SF 250 and a FORD at Parker. Probably a $$ thing in BITD...FORD Gives cash for the 1st FORD across the line..

AZracefan

Reaction
cool video, when did they go Ford?
Since the Parker 425. I think it was because BITD relations with Ford Company was offering alot more $$$ to Ford truck drivers so CHM switched over. But CHM still ran chevy at San Felipe.

BigBro

Reaction
He is winning, no she is winning, no it is winning, no they are winning , maybe next race, I will be winning, no they are winning, no maybe she will be winning, I'm winning, now Im losing, now they are winning, now they are losing, no she is winning, now she is losing, when is the next race, maybe I will win !!! :confused::eek:

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
I noticed they have been switching every race or so. They ran a chevy at the SF 250 and a FORD at Parker. Probably a $$ thing in BITD...FORD Gives cash for the 1st FORD across the line..
so do they have to swap out the engine each time they change makes???

NIKAL

Reaction
I'm 99% sure that BITD does not require that the engine and body match in TT. I have known some teams who have put the Ford decals on their TT's to claim the Ford money if they won TT. If you look close on the CHM truck they still had Chevy rear fenders on it. The only thing changed was the front hood and some Ford decals on the body. Now Score is or was requiring the motor and bodys to match.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
so do they have to swap out the engine each time they change makes???
its kinda odd.....the top 2 fords that where dominating 2/3 of the race.............chev power......dont ask.............

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
its kinda odd.....the top 2 fords that where dominating 2/3 of the race.............chev power......dont ask.............
Ha Ha!

Mine's a GM power plant with interchangeable GMC and Caddy grills. We have Chevy and Ford bodies but I couldn't tell you which one was which, I think we have some oval emblems to go with the Ford body?

Out of respect for what Ford does for our sport we would never run the GMC/Caddy stuff at BITD if we raced there.

At SCORE we have to run a GM based grill if we want points but I would rather not.

trailready

ADVERTISER
Reaction
BITD doesn't care what emblem/engine combo you run but Ford Performance now requires Ford power. you can find it on www.bitd.com under ford performance awards.

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
BITD doesn't care what emblem/engine combo you run but Ford Performance now requires Ford power. you can find it on www.bitd.com under ford performance awards.
post a link please, i cant find it on thier site anymore.......and you are thinking that andy didnt get the 10g"s from ford after he won parker? ,,, sorry but im sure you are MISTAKEN.......both andy and the chet machine fully ford logoed out at this race also......if they didnt give him the 10g's from parker thier wouldnt be any ford logo's on it... i promise you............