TT#42 Terrible's 250 Race Report and Thanks

protruckgirl

Reaction
I wanted to say thanks to our amazing Staats Racing team, Mastercraft, Trail Ready and BFG for their support. The story of our race was flats, we got two. That's two too many for that short of a race. Our first was at rm 8'ish of lap 2. We were trying to make a pass on a class one and got a passenger rear flat. I had some issue with our jack system and it took me about 5 minutes. That is terrible for us since I had been able to do it in 1 min 58 seconds in practice. We came up with this really cool winch system to hold the trailing arm up during a tire change, together with the hydraulic jacks, it makes it fast. The second flat was WAY more sensational. We had just got by LVDC and were running 3rd in class and 8th overall. (LVDC team, we had a great time racing with you this weekend!) We were on the high speed power line road at RM 60'ish after you come off the dry lake bed. We were going 102 mph and had a blow out on the driver side front. WOW!!! That was nuts! Thanks to my dad's driving skills, and the desert God's smilling on us that we did not crash. Our Trail Ready wheel held much of the tread in place and I think that also helped us not crash. The wheel did not even bend with that much speed and impact. Impressive! (By the way, it is notable that we have not bent one Trail Ready wheel since we switched from the competition in 2007. These wheels hold the tire in place better when you do get a flat making it easier to change and results in less damage. We bent 4 of the competion's wheels in one race before we switched. That says a lot for the quality of the Trail Ready product.)

Kasey and BITD do a great job! Thanks to all of the volunteers as well. We had a really fun weekend even though we did not come out on top. What a crazy race, the Top 10 Overall finishers were all within like 10 minutes. But, we do have to consider what happened to Jerry and Andy because they had checked out and were set to smoke us all by a mile. Sorry guys, that super sucked! Not a great weekend for the Trick Trucks with what happened to Jerry, Andy, McGillvary and of course poor Cory. Cory, we send our condolences on the truck. That is beyond devastating. We all spend so much time working on, perfecting and racing our vehicles. It is truly a labor of love and I know I am attached to ours! We call the truck J3 (3rd Jimco truck) and she is like part of the family! LOL

Anyway, thanks again to our team, sponsors and fellow racers! Another one is in the books!

OldStroppeTeam

Reaction
Emily neglected to mention they also stopped during the first race, and tried to help us get back on 4 wheels. Thanks for your help !! GREAT SPORTSMASHIP !

protruckgirl

Reaction
Aww, shucks! You are very welcome. There was no way we were going to drive by. I am glad that we were on the same radio channel, that helped. I was so bummed when we heard you say that you had rolled. I hope everything ended up okay.

OldStroppeTeam

Reaction
Grand prix style finishes are great !! We got our finish, Which was as much as we could hope for. We wern't really sure how hard to run on bent & straightend wheel studs, so we just cruised (mostly :) and brought it home !

BITD_1021

Reaction
Apparently the wheels arn't good enough to find there way home are they?