Tt a arm front end camber - caster

osborne

What kind of camber and caster numbers are guys setting on tt style a arm front ends? Off road race not street truck. Thanks

isdtbower

A good start is to look at media pictures and see what they are doing. Separate body flat to the ground from body roll to the ground. I am pretty sure you will never see positive camber with the body flat to the ground...and only slightly (a couple *+) with body roll. This usually means that the tires are also negative camber at "ride height". Positive camber in droop doesn't seem to be that much of a problem but being better than a TTB is a plus.

Recently, IFS simulation testing to 10* body roll has been fruitful.in another class of rig that really uses the fronts to turn.

osborne

Thanks. I wondered if guys were using actal alignment machines or just tape measure and what kind of measurements that they used.

isdtbower

I think the right ting to do with a new car is to do it on an alignment machine with a tech that is familiar with offroad. It becomes a five wheel alignment. Then you can go it from there with inspection, string, digital levels, and good knowledge of where it started.

Depends who you are? If you like to know and why then going slow to watch what is happening is instructive. Otherwise, if just driving and enjoying, let the pro's handle it. Luckily there is a lot of latitude in offroad...but less the faster you run.