TT/Class 1 Range

BoothPacific Films

Reaction
On average how far can a trophy truck go on a tank of gas? What about class 1?

mgobaja

Reaction
I would say between 100 and 150 miles is fairly safe

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
Wow, 5 miles per gallon. Not when Jangaard or Damen Jefferies drive that's for sure..

gasit2win

Reaction
4.5 to 5 is a good number that's what i get with the Kroyer 180 mpg is safe for most races Sanfelipe you get less because of all the sand.

cncman

Reaction
More like 2.5 to 3 mpg unless your cruising.

Mark Newhan

Reaction
150 miles has pretty much been the minimum in Baja. 5MPG seems pretty damn good. In race trim with a fuel injected engine I think that 3 to 3.5 is safe. A carburetor you can safely assume 2 to 3 depending on conditions. A carb shoots the accelerator pump full every time you depress the throttle pedal.

gasit2win

Reaction
More like 2.5 to 3 mpg unless your cruising.
your right i just cruise never gone 136 mph never won class1 championship and dont build race cars for a living. You drive a class 1 light you know you have a half of v8 my bad

Martin

Reaction
At the 500 we got better than 5 with an LS 3 Class 1. Bill you never gas it 2 win

BrandMattice

Reaction
people are forgetting this thread asked about TT and class 1 maybe? There seems to be alot of people saying 4-5 (C-1 my guess) and 3-4 (TT) so maybe more specifics needed? I would think that the c1 gets a lil better mpg considerring the power to weight, no?

Forty1Racing

Reaction
I believe Riviera has a 65 gallon cell and get 3 or 4 miles to the gallon. 200 - 260 miles.
total guestimate though

gunit

Reaction
Most TT's get around 3 mpg and most have around a 70 gal tank which makes for a +/- 200 mile range. Most plan for a 150 mile range as a bare minimum. Many cl1 's achieve that range with a 40-45 gal tank.

ML Racer

Reaction
your right i just cruise never gone 136 mph never won class1 championship and dont build race cars for a living. You drive a class 1 light you know you have a half of v8 my bad
I don't remember seeing you cruise much, if fact you always looked like you were on the throttle;)

BTW, did you ever marry that young lady that I met sitting at the airport bar in Cabo a few days after you won the 2007 Class 1 Championship?

gasit2win

Reaction
I don't remember seeing you cruise much, if fact you always looked like you were on the throttle;)

BTW, did you ever marry that young lady that I met sitting at the airport bar in Cabo a few days after you won the 2007 Class 1 Championship?
10/4 one year last Sunday hope all is well looking for some seat time now i hate being on the side line with no ride.pm me with your number love to chat peace Billy G.

JPBart

Reaction
This question has too many variables to be answered accurately. The range is broad on mpg and capacity. Then it depends on the race. Lots of sand means lower mpg. In my experience the norm is 150 to 250 miles. Thats a pretty wide range but it's a pretty vague question. I once pitted for a car that could only go about 70 miles but we all saw the Tuaregs go a lot farther than that.