TT Engine

truggyman44

RDC Crypto
What engine or builder would you recomend for a Trophy Truck $15,000 budget.........would like to get 6-800Hps

I think to get that much power on that budget an ls motor is your best bet. There are many options for you in the ls market. I would contact cbm motorsports, danzio or turnkey if your going the chevy ls route.

VeryFast

RDC Crypto
Website
www.RRMarkets.com
What engine or builder would you recomend for a Trophy Truck $15,000 budget.........would like to get 6-800Hps

Pfaff Engines in Huntington Beach, CA
Your budget is not out of reach using a steel block, average rotating assembly and a Carburator. An LS package will give you the power, but not the reliability of the Steel Block.

562-716-6044

partybarge_pilot

RDC Crypto
They are on the east coast

You would be surprised how cheap they will crate and ship a motor. Save the crate and ship it back to them when it needs to be freshened up. They have built TT motors before and know what it takes to make them reliable.

truggyman44

RDC Crypto
Pfaff Engines in Huntington Beach, CA
Your budget is not out of reach using a steel block, average rotating assembly and a Carburator. An LS package will give you the power, but not the reliability of the Steel Block.

562-716-6044

The LSX Short and Tall deck block are both iron and capable of 500ci. Both are capable of 2500 hp.

motoxscott

RDC Crypto
Rob when you say $15k is your budget ... is that just the engine or are you factoring accessories too at that price like P/S pump, alt, etc?

For that type of budget I would say you're gonna be more in the 500-650hp range. The LS platform is great since a ton of parts are available and you can get 500hp out of a LS-2 quite easily.

Talk to Turn Key race engines. I would think Pfaff and builders like that are out of your $$ range.

- Scott

VeryFast

RDC Crypto
Website
www.RRMarkets.com

I would be very leary of running Eagle internals at 6500 rpms, especially in a 5500-6000lb truck with 37" tires. The loads are tremendous on the drivetrain. These engines might be acceptable for a prerunner, but not race conditions. The block is an excellent choice though. We lighten these blocks for an additional 30lbs of weight savings and retain the strength of a steel block.

My earlier post concerning Steel Blocks. The LSX block was the one I was referencing.

Concerning prices, we are as competitive as any reputable builder on pricing. Though we are ahead of most on experience and reputation.

partybarge_pilot

RDC Crypto
I would be very leary of running Eagle internals at 6500 rpms, especially in a 5500-6000lb truck with 37" tires.

We did it for a year and a half in TT with only oil changes. The off road motor has a few different parts on it and makes 675 at the crank. Price was under 15K.

VeryFast

RDC Crypto
Website
www.RRMarkets.com
and the Shif motors come with FREE shipping. I think Dondel used one, Im not 100%

If Dale Dondel did use one of these engines, he would be an excellent contact to discuss the performance of this particular engine. This engine has 14.1 compression hindering reliability and peak torque at 5600 rpm's resulting in a poor torque curve. At 14.1 compression and Peak torque at 5600 rpm's, this would be a decent drag engine for bracket racing. But for the desert...not hardly.
Pfaff

partybarge_pilot

RDC Crypto
Can you enlighten us on which Trophy Truck you are referring to? thanks

#10, Mike Jacobson.

The TT motors are different from the crate motors listed on the site. Many of the same parts but a few key changes for longevity. I would not put one of the crate motors in a truck and expect it to live.

mebuildit

RDC Crypto
There are quite a few engine builders for the LS series engines that make great HP numbers for people on a budget.
I've looked at some of them on this site: www.ls1tech.com They are a great wealth of information about what works and what doesn't work for the LS engine.
I'm going to have mine built by one of the sponsors I found on that site.

Good luck with your choice.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
RDC Crypto
Any Engine builder can make 700 HP for around 15k the PROBLEM is How long will it make that kind of power until It goes POP. A quality rotating assembly and valvetrain alone will cost more than that. that is why a TT Engine Before the EFI system Is $40,000.00

VeryFast

RDC Crypto
Website
www.RRMarkets.com
granatelli will give you great horsepwer for that money, give them a call great people

Something missing here which keeps getting pushed under the Rug is RELIABILITY. Yup, most anyone can build an engine with "horsepower". What the offroad community needs is RELIABILITY & TORQUE. The offroad community will soon see why we at PFAFF do things the way we do. Our Torque curves are huge and flat. Our reliability is the best in the business, hence we have built a reputation with the boating industry. We have many, many high horsepower engines (1000+hp) with 400-500 hours and more and are still running.

The the circle boat industry, we run 36 heats before our rebuilds. The industry standard is 15 heats. And we are looking at going to 50 heats simply because we are not finding anything wrong with the engines and we are having "0" failures.

Our crystal ball see's 800hp/700tq TT engines running two seasons without a rebuild.

Steve Poole
Pfaff Engines