TT in Glendora

PeterT

Reaction
Website
www.bankspower.com
This morning I was walking my dog on Lone Hill in Glendora and saw a black Dodge dually towing a flat bed with what must have been a TT (no fiberglass). I think the tires were BFG and the beadlocks were green. I'm trying to figure out who that was and what truck it is. Couldn't tell who built the chassis, it went by too fast. Could this be the new Canidae truck? I think their shop is in San Dimas. Do they run green beadlocks?

Always fun to see a TT in the neighborhood!

PT

trent06

Mush
Reaction
Ashcraft??? When someone says green they come to mind, and the Yokohama TT tires look similar to the BFG's.....

TARHEEL

Reaction
I'd bet Ashcraft...posted on Facebook they were headed to Barstow to test the TT...I'm here in Barstow...will post pix if I see them

PeterT

Reaction
Website
www.bankspower.com
It looked a lot like those pictures of the Cambell car. Where is that shop? Any reason for it to be in Glendora? It did have a small Monster Energy "M" sticker on the side panel, which made me think Herbst, but I can't think of any reason that it would be in that neck of the woods.

PT

CHASETHISTOO

Reaction
My first thought was Herbst. Dont think it would be the Cambell car. They're outta AZ.

Take pics next time will ya. haha

Cali_F350_XLT

Reaction
Website
Www.xyzproductions.com
It could very well have been Campbells car. He has a good friend, Mitch Guthrie, who lives in Glendora. He could have been showing him the new car, or picking him up to head out testing.

I don't know why any of the other trucks would be around here. I've lived in Glendora since 98, and have not seen anything other then the Peterson class1 car from time to time.

Markus

PeterT

Reaction
Website
www.bankspower.com
I'm kinda thinkin it was the Campbell car. I went further back in that thread and there were pictures of the chassis on a black flatbed gooseneck trailer. The tow vehicle was a black Dodge dually, and the trailer was a black gooseneck. If it was that car, I'm really bummed I didn't get a better look. That thing looks AWESOME!

I'm ruling out the Canidae truck, I looked at some video, no green beadlocks and the rear lighting looked very different. The Herbst truck is still a candidate though.

Cali, are you the guy I met at the Sam's Club fuel pumps the other day?

PT

Last edited:

zjohnson

Reaction
Canidae truck would have been pulled by a white f350 service bed, or white chevy. Trailer is white or green. Beadlock rings aren't green and the shop is in Norco. But one of the drivers is associated with San Dimas Grain in old town . ..

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Not the Herbsts. They don't test without the body on it. Also I don't think they use Dodge tow vehicles.

XMOTORCR

Reaction
I'll bet is was Campbell, he was on his way to dyno the motor at turnkey.

confirmed just talked to my buddy who is working with campbell and it was them. they stayed at guthrie's, and are taking the class 1 to turnkey to get tuned.

PeterT

Reaction
Website
www.bankspower.com
confirmed just talked to my buddy who is working with campbell and it was them. they stayed at guthrie's, and are taking the class 1 to turnkey to get tuned.

That sounds right. I was pretty sure the chassis was painted black, but it went by pretty quick. Makes me wish I had been in my truck so I could follow and get a better look at that thing. it sure looks wild in the pictures, and it looked beautiful on the trailer. Course, any dirt racer will get my attention!

PT