• Forum membership has its advantages....

TTB Jeep JK

Castle

A few shots of the jig and beams as I was piecing them together. I thought I kept a pic of the entire thing suspended but I guess not.

IMG_6148.jpeg
IMG_1733.jpeg
IMG_2896.jpeg
IMG_6631.jpeg
IMG_5564.jpeg

Castle

Here is where it sits now, just need to plate in the PS beam and then I can roll this thing out under the jeep.

Got the oem tank and skid out to make room for the 4 link.

IMG_4515.jpeg
IMG_3525.jpeg
IMG_6040.jpeg

Castle

The rear bumper/crossmember will be either cut out or notched as I'm 2" short between those two crossmembers to get the tank to fit.

I'm not sure how I want the rear to look yet. If I decide to keep it looking more like a sleeper/factory Ill just notch it and plate it in, otherwise Ill just cut the whole thing out and rebuild it.

Castle

No room to flip the pivot bolt and possibly just grind/ turn the head down? Or is it to keep it aesthetically pleasing?
Getting that bolt in and out would be a pain I imagine with the PS stuff interfering but Ill definitely consider it when I come back to this problem.

Countersink the plate and use a countersunk allen. I had to do this on mine with 1" uniball pivots. Wish I had just gone with the strait spacers as they are much narrower and provide enough articulation.
That sounds like a nice clean option. Do you wish you used the narrower spacers just so you didn't have to deal with countersinking that bolt or have other issues come up?

partybarge_pilot

Just for the extra clearance. I'm also trying to fit an CV in place of the U-joint so every little extra bit would help. If I ever get any time to work on it, the beam mounts may get redone.