• Forum membership has its advantages....

tube chassis baja build

fab101

This is a new build your own class. Tony and his son Mike are from Ohio and they came to our school to learn how to build a tube chassis A-arm baja bug. We supply all the 1 1/2 DOM .120 wall for the cage and all the 4130 for the suspension. They already have two weeks in the project and the cage is almost done. They are doing the accelerated course, Mon-Fri 8-5 pm. Let me know what you think.

DirtySnow

looks like fun. i wish my dad would have done that with me :rolleyes:
- that ohio kid has california hair lol :D

fab101

yeah, this is his first time to the beach also... he loved New Port beach. Here are more pics.

fab101

The thickness for the front bulk head is 3/16's. We just finished the shock mount bulk head and thats made from .120 4130 with a doubler plate around the shock mounting area.

fab101

They only have a week of class left! Its almost done and then they take their car home to Ohio!

5racer

what the hell is that above rear window lite houseings ??? they look factory never seen those before or did someone add them or do i need glasses

fab101

I was wondering the same thing! I guess Tony's dad baught the car new and converted it to a baja. Somehow the tail lights ended up on the roof. I taked them into taking them off when they get home.