tube crazy

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
this pic is posted in the readers ridez section. Is it just me, or did this guy just go nuts with tubes. Are all those really necessary or right?

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I think too much "dank" was smoked during building it!

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Seems like a lot of those bends are not very strong either where they tie into each other. To many bends if you ask me.

Go Big Or Go Home

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
HERE IS THE PIC

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

Attachments

• 6-24226-readerzp161n1.jpg
    6-24226-readerzp161n1.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 144

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
It hurts my eyes to look at! Nevertheless I respect him for doing it himself.......alone! LOL

See ya in the dirt!

motoxscott

Reaction
Since he's ditched the frame completely in the back to four link it, it doesnt seem like their's way too much tubing.

I guess I would rather over build it then under, especially if it was my daily driver.

Its good to see that it looks like they've taken their time and are trying to do it right. Their's a lot worse out there thats for sure......

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
You saw the name of the team or shop...Dank Motorsports...come on now what do you expect.

Kris

ntsqd

Reaction
Bends are compromises. Mid span junctions are poor planning.
Possesion of a bender and a welder do not make a fabricator.
I admire the evident enthusiasm though.

TS

"It only seems kinky the first time"
-- Bumpersticker seen in Lost Wages

sincitysump

Reaction
MAN! It looks like this guy has worked his azz off on his own truck doing his own thing and you guys are slamming what he has taking the time to do, how about some right on's . Sheeat I'll bet 99% of us out ther couldnt even start this project, me for one. ROCK ON DUDE!! IT'S GETTING THERE!!!

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
I give props to anyone who builds their own truck. It may not be as pretty as a profesional shop, but if it works properly more power to them. Not everyone can afford to drop their truck off at a shop, especially for the job he is doing to his truck.

84toy

Reaction
I agree... Nobody should talk I failed spelling till it's done and driving. If it works then, who cares how many bends or tubes it has. I also think maybe readers ridez should be done trucks not projects. You can't go for a ride when it's sitting in a garage or shop.

Jason

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Right on. Sick truck brother. Lets hot box it.

Kris

BradM

Reaction
<font color=yellow>Possession of a bender and a welder do not make a fabricator</font color=yellow>

My thoughts exactly! Maybe warning labels are in order.

ntsqd

Reaction
It's obvious he's trying to do it right. If we don't offer whatever constructive crit we can, then how is he going to learn ? It's a big project he's got there, kudos for taking it on.

Colin Chapman's (of Lotus Cars fame) design philosophy was that every fabrication, every casting, every machining fulfill at least three functions. I've been trying to that for years and I'll bet my best effort is less than 20% of the parts on the car meet this std. Try it sometime, it'll make you crazy........

TS

"It only seems kinky the first time"
-- Bumpersticker seen in Lost Wages

Jack

Reaction
It looks to me he started with a great concept, but I would have put some of the bracing in diferent places. Other than that it looks like good craftmanship.