tubing question

Eric_M

Reaction
how much would D.O.M cost per foot if anyone knows. im going to start building my cab cage in a week and a half and was thinking of using .120 wall 1.5" dom. or would any of you people think .120 wall 1.5" mild steel would be better for a cab cage. thanks in advance,

Eric

ps. if anyone has any pics of thier cab cage, or tips i'de appreciate it. ive got a cage designed out already, but im open to suggestions for building a better cage. thanks

Crashbig

Reaction
I did mine in 1.5 .120 mild, If I was to do it over I would prob go DOM. Not sure on the prices per foot off the top of my head though.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
price depends on quantity...buy one 20 footer you will pay around 6 bucks a foot, buy it in bulk...100ft plus you pay about 2 bucks per foot.

singlehanded

Reaction
2.80 was the price I got from bender metal in anehein schorr wont get it for me and I didnt call anywhere else. I think a fair price would be around 1.80. a foot I was told they come in 19-24 foot pieces when I talkes to bender and you order buy the stick so you may get a 19 foot stick or a 24 or somewhere in between.

Dont use mild w/seams its like only 60 cents more for dom.

In_the_works

Reaction
I went with summit steel in vista, and was able to get a 20 foot section of 1 3/4 .120 for 45 bucks.

DEK196

Reaction
I just ordered a 100 feet of 1.75 from Industrial metal supply, I'm not sure where they are, maybe in burbank? Their prices were good though. Donnie

Kbach66

Reaction
Yeah, they're in burbank. What did ya pay if you don't mind me askin'??

I've bought quite a bit of material from them, and it seems like prices change with the weather. Just wondering what you got (dom, chromo, mild, etc.) and what ya paid.

DEK196

Reaction
I bought DOM and I'll have to check on the price tomorrow. I usually buy from Gary, he gives the bro deal. Donnie