• Forum membership has its advantages....

Tuff Truck Racing August 12, 2007 Oshkosh, WI

glamisrnr

Damn missed it this year, do you know of any other events like that coming up around here, Looks like we are the only Wisco boys on here.

mudhound72

I wish I could tell you of some more events like this, having a truck that is used for one event a year sucks:( There use to be a tone of them but not any more, not sure Y that is.

asp_jason

Check out ArenaTrucks.com, We try to post every event we can, for example we've had that oshkosh race on the events page for a couple months now. We mostly focus on short course off-road racing and Tough Trucks, but we alsl list some mud racing and rock crawling events too. There will be a race coming up in neilsville later this month that will be hosted by the CMA(central mudracing association) and we will have a tough truck class at our september 15th event in arkansaw,wi.

thats www.arenatrucks.com

mudhound72

Check out ArenaTrucks.com, We try to post every event we can, for example we've had that oshkosh race on the events page for a couple months now. We mostly focus on short course off-road racing and Tough Trucks, but we alsl list some mud racing and rock crawling events too. There will be a race coming up in neilsville later this month that will be hosted by the CMA(central mudracing association) and we will have a tough truck class at our september 15th event in arkansaw,wi.

thats www.arenatrucks.com
Thanks for the site

glamisrnr

That was my first Tuff Truck race I have ever been to. Those guys in the spectator class are NUTS:eek: . Does anybody know how the guy that hurt his back is doing? That dude was really flying. I hope he is ok. Man that looks like fun I may have to do that sometime in the future.

mudhound72

Brian is doing fine returned a few hours later to pick up his truck, they took some x-rays and everthing looked good just going to be a bit sore. BTW I was racing in the red/orange Chevy truck that broke both upper ball joints on the same jump. I will try to get a few pics posted up in the next few days.

asp_jason

Just a note I'd like to add. I don't know what you run for safety rules but tell I'd start telling everyone to put a minimum of a properly installed(meaning attached to frame and proper construction) 4-point roll bar in their trucks. For one it's just dangerous not to have one, and two I suspect that you will have to have one to run most events in 2008, I know we will be requireing them in our tough truck classes, AMP live events requires them, and i'm pretty sure the CMA will require one too. That covers most of the tough truck events in wisconsin. On top of that you'll want a racing harness, neck collar, a good helmet, and make sure everything else is in good order.

Sounds like you guys had a good time.

glamisrnr

I was right in the pit area standing next to the tow truck that pulled you off the track. Hopefully I will be running at next years race.
I was wondering if it is legal in this kind of event to run coilovers all the way around like Kings or racerunners.

mudhound72

Just a note I'd like to add. I don't know what you run for safety rules but tell I'd start telling everyone to put a minimum of a properly installed(meaning attached to frame and proper construction) 4-point roll bar in their trucks. For one it's just dangerous not to have one, and two I suspect that you will have to have one to run most events in 2008, I know we will be requireing them in our tough truck classes, AMP live events requires them, and i'm pretty sure the CMA will require one too. That covers most of the tough truck events in wisconsin. On top of that you'll want a racing harness, neck collar, a good helmet, and make sure everything else is in good order.

Sounds like you guys had a good time.
I do agree, there was some talk about changing the rules a bit to require a 5pt and a bar of some sort. glamisrnr you could run coil overs but you would still need the stock springs, run a 4-link in the rear with coil overs but leave the main leaf in there to locate the axal. We do require a Helmet and a neck brace but there is some room for improvement (lap belts dont cut it ). We try to keep this so you dont need to spend a hole lot to race