Tundra wreck in Vista

beamdream

Reaction
I read this online today... www.signonsandiego.com

9:58 a.m., May 28, 2003

VISTA – A 19-year-old man was killed and two other people were injured when a pickup truck being driven off-road rolled multiple times, ejecting the driver and a passenger, authorities said today.

Troy Gilbert Burrola of Fallbrook, who was a passenger in the 2003 Toyota Tundra, was killed instantly when he was thrown from the vehicle, said San Diego County Medical Examiner's Office Investigator Sal Rodriguez.

The 21-year-old driver of the truck also was ejected, San Diego County Sheriff's Department Sgt. M. Masis said.

The driver and another passenger, an 18-year-old man, were taken to Palomar Medical Center, where they were treated for minor injuries and released, Masis said.

The accident occurred about 7:45 p.m. yesterday in an open dirt field in an industrial area near Progress Street and Commerce Way, Masis said.

The pickup apparently was being driven in an erratic manner when it overturned, Masis said.

singlehanded

Reaction
and have a cab cage when offroading.LOL

motoxscott

Reaction
I only expect to see more of this type of stuff happening in the near future.

-Scott

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Sounds like someone "getting it on" their new truck to me...

Sad, truly sad indeed.

-Gabe

orvacian

Reaction
Killing yourself driving offroad is not so bad, at least you died having fun. Killing your 19 year old friend and then leaving the hospital with minor injuries sucks bigtime. I would rather have died.

DANKFAB

Reaction
I guess now they know what a roll cage is used for. Does anyone know where they were froading exactly?? And how they rolled? I know it was at nighttime.
theDankster

michael_loomis

Reaction
cage wont do much if your ejected out and squashed by your own truck.

stupid move yes , but i cant help but feel sorry for those involved and their families

Erik Irvine

Reaction
Wow somebody actually does care

-In regards to the above post

Jordan Walker

Reaction
I read through these comments at least once a month and I can't help but let them get to me. Here it is, 13 years later and I'm finally saying something. There are four or five comments above that are totally unnecessary about seat belts, roll cages, etc. Only one or two of you thought about the victim and his family. Well Troy Gilbert Burrola was my uncle. But we were so close I consider him my brother as opposed to my uncle. Every time I read your stupid "Well now they know what a roll cage is for!" Or "Always wear your seat belts!" It rubs salt in the wound that his passing left myself and my entire family. We will never be the same, even after all this time our heart aches for Troy. So God forbid something like this ever happens to someone in your family and then you get stuck reading disgusting comments that ignorant, unintelligent, pieces of poop like you had to write without thinking of the families involved. I hope you all are embarrassed and ashamed of yourselves. Next time think before your stupidity is frozen in time forever. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

J Prich

Reaction
I read through these comments at least once a month and I can't help but let them get to me. Here it is, 13 years later and I'm finally saying something. There are four or five comments above that are totally unnecessary about seat belts, roll cages, etc. Only one or two of you thought about the victim and his family. Well Troy Gilbert Burrola was my uncle. But we were so close I consider him my brother as opposed to my uncle. Every time I read your stupid "Well now they know what a roll cage is for!" Or "Always wear your seat belts!" It rubs salt in the wound that his passing left myself and my entire family. We will never be the same, even after all this time our heart aches for Troy. So God forbid something like this ever happens to someone in your family and then you get stuck reading disgusting comments that ignorant, unintelligent, pieces of **** like you had to write without thinking of the families involved. I hope you all are embarrassed and ashamed of yourselves. Next time think before your stupidity is frozen in time forever. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
With all due respect to you and your family, and everyone that has lost loved ones due to accidents, I think you're off base in claiming that commenting that wearing your seatbelt ALWAYS is some how insensitive or inflammatory. All accidents are tragic but it's far more difficult to be sympathetic when the accident was preventable and/or those involved didn't take proper, simple, and rational safety precautions to protect themselves.

In almost all cases you don't get ejected from the vehicle if you're wearing your seat belt. I get that it's maybe a personal and sensitive issue to you but you're dead wrong calling ANYONE who suggests you always wear your seatbelt "ignorant", "unintelligent", etc.

43mod

Reaction
Stupid hurts . Tragedy for sure . Just spent three days at a B Ball tourney honoring a young man .
His buddy only spent a day in the hospital . 90 mph weaving in and out of traffic w no seat belt on killed our young friend dead. He had been told . Never the less stupid hurts.