Tuneing computers

GDRBORETIRED

Reaction
The laptop does need to meet specs but most any laptop not older than a couple of years will work. The correct softwear for the system is the key.

Sparky

Reaction
can you buy the softwear?thanks for your info

What are you tuning?

Most aftermarket ECUs will come with software or have software readily available from the manufacturer.

If you have a stock ECU, there is software available but it all depends on the year and make of the vehicle.

07FJRog

Reaction
The laptop does need to meet specs but most any laptop not older than a couple of years will work. The correct softwear for the system is the key.

I disagree, you most likely will need a serial port. and most new ones do not normally come with them anymore, just usb. so you need to know what you need to connect to also besides having the software.

Sparky

Reaction
i was just curious i was wondering if you could tune a air cooled vw engine? with the computer software

If you have a stock fuel injected VW engine, there is no software that I know of that will allow you to modify the tune.

dirtdudeaz

Reaction
the point of computer programs to tune is to tune an engine with a fuel delivery system and ECM. I dont think your appilication will work. But FYI the popular ones are efilive and hptuners

QurtysLyn

Reaction
There are not any Computer controlled parts in an ACVW, so there is no Software to use on it. Have to use the old fashioned method of trial and error and reading things on the internet. :)