turn signals

yotatech

Reaction
I have an 88 toyota and im wondering what you guys do for front turn signals? Since i have a tube bumper i dont have the stock blinkers which were in the factory bumper. Also if you dont use front turn signals, how do you keep em from blinking fast. Thanks for any info Colin

NorCal_Prerunner

Reaction
I went to the junk yard and grabbed some Hella turn signals off a VW something or other. Welded some tabs to the front bumper, and mounted & wired them up.

It's never too late to be what you might have been....

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
i think you forgot what I said when we put that bumper on the truck. what I said was to take the plug for the marker lights and swithc it with the turn signial, this makes them more visable and higer, you don't need the other lights now but you lose the marker lights, but that is what headlights are for. as for the blinking fast there is nothing you can do unless you add a light to the circuit such as the swithch of the lights as i had suggested above.

"Everything you do is triggered by an emotion of either desire or fear."

EQuin

Reaction
There is a write-up in the Toyota section of off-road.com on how to convert the corner/parking lights to do double-duty as parking lights and turn signals. I did the same mod to my Tacoma when I got rid of the stock bumper and turn signals. I used a Ford socket and did not have a fast blinking problem until the bulb kept popping out. Afterward, I got some 18-wheeler turn signals for $8 each at a truck stop and used CB mounting brackets to bolt them onto a spot where the stock bumper brackets used to bolt to. Unfortunately, they blink fast for some reason using the trucker turn signals, but they work perfectly fine otherwise.

Hope this helps. Take care,

Ed Q.

Ed Q.

tedmales

Reaction
to get rid of the quick blinking you have to replace the flasher with an electronic flasher. they have them with the rest of them. they are usually a little bigger in size and are plastic and clear, or smokey clear in color. but they are like $20 vs. $3 for a metal standard one. it will fix the quick flash. make sure you get the one that fits your own truck. take the old one with you to compare the pins.

life is too short to be small