TV Ratings for TORC's first ABC event...

CMI CHUCK

Reaction
I Don't know much about how those rating numbers add up. But I can tell you that the Pro lite race was great Except that there were 2 lead changes during commercials, That sucked!

spalind

Reaction
I Don't know much about how those rating numbers add up. But I can tell you that the Pro lite race was great Except that there were 2 lead changes during commercials, That sucked!

Numbers are taken directly from the Nielsen reports and are accurate. Its a shame about the lead changes as it was a pre-recorded event and they could have edited it any way they wanted...

Steve_Naughton

Reaction
Ken Blocks "Gymkhana Two" video on YouTube has 2,363,428 views since last week, and continues to grow at around 100K views/day. By the end of this year it will probably see more views and produce more revenue for it's sponsors than all of TORC and LORRS television combined, and at a fraction of the cost to produce.

What is the purpose of broadcast television again?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgECKj9LSH4"]YouTube - Bob Dylan-The Times They Are A-Changin[/ame]

spalind

Reaction
Ken Blocks "Gymkhana Two" video on YouTube has 2,363,428 views since last week, and continues to grow at around 100K views/day. By the end of this year it will probably see more views and produce more revenue for it's sponsors than all of TORC and LORRS television combined, and at a fraction of the cost to produce.

YouTube - Bob Dylan-The Times They Are A-Changin

But if each TORC broadcast has 1MM viewers and it is broadcast 4 times per year, thats 4MM viewers, PLUS additional income from TV advertising, PLUS all the online views of the websites and TORC videos/pics, PLUS ticket sales, PLUS souvenier sales and on and on and on...Can't be broken down just as simple as "Viewers of You Tube video vs. viewers of a single TV broadcast..."

BlueCrace

Reaction
With all due respect Steve, there is a big difference between Broadcast rating points and Social media hits. Social media supports the brand and not the other way around and Broadcast creates the brand. You can not grow a national brand on video blogs alone. There is a bigger picture with Ken Blocks program.

Does anybody know what the rating pts were for CORR?

YouTube - Bob Dylan-The Times They Are A-Changin

spalind

Reaction
With all due respect Steve, there is a big difference between Broadcast rating points and Social media hits. Social media supports the brand and not the other way around and Broadcast creates the brand. You can not grow a national brand on video blogs alone. There is a bigger picture with Ken Blocks program.

Does anybody know what the rating pts were for CORR?

I am looking into what LOORRS ratings were earlier this year but its tougher to find given it was broadcast on cable stations and not network TV and not even remotely as widely reported....CORR #'s in a moment...

spalind

Reaction
CORR's rating was a 0.5 for its first event in '08 and a 1.0 for its third event in '08. So LOORRS has started at a higher rating but who knows how it will go from here...As they say...you never get a second chance to make a first impression...fingers crossed that a majority of the 1MM in viewers for the first ABC broadcast enjoyed it and tell more people about it...

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
CORR's rating was a 0.5 for its first event in '08 and a 1.0 for its third event in '08. So LOORRS has started at a higher rating but who knows how it will go from here...As they say...you never get a second chance to make a first impression...fingers crossed that a majority of the 1MM in viewers for the first ABC broadcast enjoyed it and tell more people about it...

You mean TORC, right? I'm so confused..........:confused::confused:

CMI CHUCK

Reaction
Since someone brought up Ken Block, How Bad would it be to see Ken in a DC Shoes sponsored Pro 4 racing Short Course.

CREW CHIEF_507

Reaction

Can someone explain how Chad Hord could flip his truck "under yellow due to restarts i uderstand" but what i dont get is how he can go in the pits change a tire and get his spot back, thats like being allowed to put under yellow with out loosing a position, just wondering

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
Can someone explain how Chad Hord could flip his truck "under yellow due to restarts i uderstand" but what i dont get is how he can go in the pits change a tire and get his spot back, thats like being allowed to put under yellow with out loosing a position, just wondering

Because Federico jumped the start and the start was waved off, hence the start never actually happened.

spalind

Reaction
You mean TORC, right? I'm so confused..........:confused::confused:

Yes...sorry, I get my acronym's mixed up at times....CORR's first broadcast in '08 on NBC was a 0.5 rating (roughly 600K households) and TORC's first broadcast in '09 on ABC was a 0.7 rating (roughly 800K households). By CORR's third broadcast in '08 their ratings had climbed to a 1.0 (roughly 1,145,000 households).

spalind

Reaction
Since someone brought up Ken Block, How Bad would it be to see Ken in a DC Shoes sponsored Pro 4 racing Short Course.

Deegan is now rally racing as well, so I don't think its that much of a stretch...look at Rally America (and the X games for that matter) and you have Pastrana, Block, Mirra and Deegan as the highest profile members...remains to be seen if someone can make them an offer they can't refuse and draw them over to one of the short course series...

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction

.... ive thought that myself ... but i would much rather see him in a buggy (desert or short course) ..... i really enjoy the buggy classes! :D

Steve_Naughton

Reaction

TV doesn't create the brand, it just helps expose it (just like social media) And TV was definitely the king for brand exposure over the past several decades.

My guess is there will be more DC sponsored athletes and shows via television, but I bet it doesn't get the same exposure as their YouTube stuff.

You must be in the business of selling TV ads?

PatrickW

Reaction
Deegan is now rally racing as well, so I don't think its that much of a stretch...look at Rally America (and the X games for that matter) and you have Pastrana, Block, Mirra and Deegan as the highest profile members...remains to be seen if someone can make them an offer they can't refuse and draw them over to one of the short course series...

I apologize for contributing to this "drifting" even further off topic but off road racing and short course is very much on the radar of a few of the Rally America drivers. Interestingly enough, the most exposure that Rally America receives is from the X Games. That is a huge part of what drives that series and its participants. Unfortunately, that event is a fraction of what these drivers really do and as in Baja and desert racing in general, the sport doesn’t receive the exposure it deserves.

When we debut the new Lake Elsinore track a few months ago, Tanner Foust came out to check things out and meet some people. There was a really fantastic conversation between Brian Deegan, Tanner and Carl about off road racing and rallying that was really interesting since all three are some of the top drivers/riders in their respective sport. Tanner has tested a truck in the past and has expressed a desire to give short course racing a shot. To me, he is one of the most versatile drivers out there who has shown an amazing level of car control and I think it would be a very short learning curve for him to get down a Lite or P-2.

Andrew Comrie-Picard, another top Rally America driver based in Canada, has also taken an interest in short course and would love to come out and give it a shot. The rally guys have great driving skill in controlling a car at high speeds in tight controlled spaces and know how to control a car sliding on dirt and snow. The next step would be harnessing that skill into a gladiator war with 15 guys and 850hp under the hood. I think that guys like Tanner, ACP, Travis and Block would be an asset to any team or series they were involved in.

PW

CREW CHIEF_507

Reaction
Because Federico jumped the start and the start was waved off, hence the start never actually happened.

yea i understand that but i didnt think you can come in and change a tire and remain in 2nd. when he changed his tire under red/yellow flag, i though if you go to the pits you return to the tail end of the field