• Forum membership has its advantages....

Twin Engine Diesel Trophy Truck?

Kolman

Whaaaaa? Who knows more about this? Two turbo diesel motors? so many questions...

nimrod

KOOK!
IMG_0531.JPG
I'm building one with three engines.
Everyone knows you can't balance 3 engines that's why my TT has 4 engines with 6 turbos each and a 1000 hp shot of nitrous out of a 10,000 pound bottle.
I'm running 1 each from Dougans, Danzio, Redline, and Fat.

Just wait until you see all the shocks I'm running on each wheel.

This guy is doing all my tuning. Anybody running 60" tires knows about getting through the whoops!

Last edited:

Kolman

Everyone knows you can't balance 3 engines that's why my TT has 4 engines with 6 turbos each and a 1000 hp shot of nitrous out of a 10,000 pound bottle.
I'm running 1 each from Dougans, Danzio, Redline, and Fat.

Slippery P

Twin Turbo V6 Eco diesel x2, Turbo 400 x2, 4wd. Truck came out really nice.

Bricoop

I was going to ask if this thing is 4wd and if they used an engine for each set of wheels, but then I thought that running two transmissions would be too heavy, shows what I know. On second thought though, I'm very excited to see how the extra weight over the front wheels affects the truck compared to Matney's. Will the front tires get more bite?

We've seen driveline struggles from guys running huge HP engines, Lofton and Gordon come to mind recently, maybe this is the solution?

Last edited:

Chubs

Cant "roll coal" without shoveling it......
Anyhow it's got two T400's, one is pointed towards the front diff & the other is pointed to the rear diff, perfect weight displacement, forward bite, three ....sorry? Sounds great though! I think that ANY crazy IDEAS that come across here should be totally supported not knocked ( not saying anybody's doing that) THIS part of motorsports relyed/ made most other motorsports look boring compared to OUR choice in motorsports......sorry for the rant but HALELUYA to a doubled up diesel powered TT! Look at Mr Miller's, now John Swifts, Banshee, the engine next to the driver? NO WAY! RPM Motorsports....keep it up! I'm a fan!

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
A pathetic tuned ecoboost 3.5 V6 ford will put out 300+ hp & over 400 lb twist, a good tune that keeps engines alive 480 HP & 600 tq all under 400lbs this could be a game changer, IF they can keep the drivelines happy being that short from output to pinion yolk or have they done some type of V drive/s? Or 4 wheel independant suspension, This is gotta see. when Arnold came out in 95 the world freaked a rear engine pointing backwards????? WTF?

Slippery P

A pathetic tuned ecoboost 3.5 V6 ford will put out 300+ hp & over 400 lb twist, a good tune that keeps engines alive 480 HP & 600 tq all under 400lbs this could be a game changer, IF they can keep the drivelines happy being that short from output to pinion yolk or have they done some type of V drive/s? Or 4 wheel independant suspension, This is gotta see. when Arnold came out in 95 the world freaked a rear engine pointing backwards????? WTF?
Front engine drives standard TT rear axle through T400 and conventional drive shaft, rear engine drives front diff through T400 and C.V. Style drive shaft. Eco Diesels could easily be swapped for EcoBoosts while retaining Life Racing ECU's and 90% of the electronics.
I don't remember exact numbers but we tuned the engines to produce 450-500HP 800 ftlbs TQ. Each.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Come to think of it this thing reeks of the one and only NYE FRANK so who is the reincarnation? It's gotta be jeff geiser.

[email protected]

ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1491030927.407395.jpg

Here is a picture of one of the engines we did, pretty impressive power numbers from such a small engine, all running on Life Racing electronics

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today