Twittering Race Teams

VentureCrew35

Bacon Lover
Reaction
Any other racing twits out there?

After months of trying to resist, I gave in and embraced the evil that is twitter. It has its perks. We have one of those waterproof/dustproof/fireproof/Pistola-proof military spec cell phones. We're going to give it to our co-dogs during V2R and actually send out tweets during the race. Should be good.

twitter.com/venturecrew35

VORRA-BJ

Reaction
ha Venture crew i like you just caved in about a week ago. Robby Gordan is a huge tweeter. Im racing VtoR to and was thinking of doing the same thing. Im going to test it out at my local Vorra race in Fallon in a few weeks and see how it does.

Zambo

Reaction
Every one of you should be assessed a 90 minute penalty.

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
I know a bunch of tweekers but ,no twitter's??

M

memin.pinguine

..ok, I got the point... I need a race team - but hey, I twit already.... doing ot the other way around...

nohandslance

Reaction
What is faster, Texting or Twittering. Sometimes, well most of the time, the race radios do not work so great, Cell coverage is expanding monthly, anyone try fabricating this new technology into the red, intercom button on the steering wheel, or co-dog seat?
Lance(little bro of Todd)Jergensen TT#5, BITD

VentureCrew35

Bacon Lover
Reaction
What is faster, Texting or Twittering. Sometimes, well most of the time, the race radios do not work so great, Cell coverage is expanding monthly, anyone try fabricating this new technology into the red, intercom button on the steering wheel, or co-dog seat?

Twittering is pretty much the same as texting. Except it goes to a website (which the subsiquently sends the message on to dozens or hundreds of subscribed people simultaneously. So if you're trying to talk to one person, Twitter is no advantage. 3 or more, twitter would be faster.

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction

What I am looking into is the idea of Twitter so if we have an issues we just text everyone and everyone gets the same message at the same time but not everyone replies to it. Also when people are at home they are in the middle of the racing action, etc.... But we would still use text for person to person use....