Two Foot Driving vs Standard

Left Foot Braking vs Standard

• Total voters

E.Hagle

Reaction
Just curious to see how common it is in off-road. I prefer two feet after forcing myself into it

misterktm

Reaction

E.Hagle

Reaction
I left foot brake in cars/truck without a clutch. I right foot brake in clutch cars. I could never get comfortable trying to left foot break with a clutch.
Interesting. I hardly ever have to use the clutch in our car due to the no-lift shift. If I had to guess I’d say I’m cycling the brake pedal a hundred times before I touch the clutch once.

If I had to shift using the clutch I’d probably be in the same boat.

jon coleman

Reaction
auto transmission left foot, can keep throttle modulated to keep car 'loaded', more or less with both brake& gas pedal, road racing is right, unless your trail braking to make a pass attempt, left&right to modulate / control the slide through the corner, ( was taught in driver school& experience

Bro_Gill

Reaction
It's funny, when I started driving, I was told to NEVER use your left foot on the brake. I will do left foot braking depending on what the road says.

JDDurfey

Reaction
McQueen.jpg

C4

Reaction
I always use both feet in the dirt. One time at the 1000 in a highway section I almost went off the road. I mentally switched because I was on the highway and went into a corner and when I went for the break with my right foot it wasn't where it should have been. (The pedal was moved further left to accommodate "two footing") I hit the side rail on the highway keeping me from driving off the cliff.

cjohnson

Reaction
How many Heel Toe?

You know.... heel on the gas toe on the brake left foot ready to slip the clutch
Heel/toe is a difficult skill to master on a smooth track. I imagine it would be way harder bouncing around in an off road car.
How many Heel Toe?

You know.... heel on the gas toe on the brake left foot ready to slip the clutch
I do. Really speeds up my doubles on the bass drum.

Oh. You mean in a car. I do when I'm driving a stick shift on the streets but would think it might be hard to do bouncing around during an off road race.

TMorford

Reaction
Does anyone have the foot footage (ha) of Bean out testing his 1600, I think it was in Plaster City? I looked for it on YouTube a while back but I could never find it.

swiftracing5

Reaction
Does anyone have the foot footage (ha) of Bean out testing his 1600, I think it was in Plaster City? I looked for it on YouTube a while back but I could never find it.