Two Minutes with Luke Johnson - Video

philsmike

Reaction
A brief interview with Luke Johnson between rounds of racing at the TORC SRT event in Oshkosh, WI.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sriNYU4Dum4"]YouTube - Two Minutes with TORC SRT Rookie - Luke Johnson[/ame]

MeFirst

Reaction
Luke's a good kid and a talented driver. He's improving every race and I hope to see him pushing Keith Steele in the upcoming weekends.

Steve_Naughton

Reaction
It's been a lot of fun watching Luke race this year. I'm looking forward to seeing him move up and compete against Rob Mac and the other elite drivers of our sport. He definitely has the right mentor(s). Also very interesting that his father started him in a Sportsman 2 class. Sportsman-2 to Pro-2 definitely seems like the most logical way to go.

Pro-Lite Brian

Reaction
Is he ready to fill his dad's seat? Sure looks like that's their plan... I bet it makes Doug Fortin bummed if it happens...

philsmike

Reaction
After meeting him a couple times, and hanging around the Waldvogel Pit Area (it's actually their truck and they handle the prep work at the track) he is very level headed and understands that there much to learn in this sport. As he stated he is very mindful of the guys he competes with and watches, listens and learns from everyone in the game.

DW_810_Stock

Reaction
Excellent video Mike...

Just to clarify, The Johnson's own the race truck, we were just helping them get started by hauling/crewing for them these first few weekends. Long term they will be hauling to the track themselves and providing their own crew. It has been great getting to know Luke. We were leery coming in, because we hadn't even met Luke before we pulled into Crandon in june...a 17-year-old rookie with 650+HP at his disposal can conjure up images of carnage and long hours for a crew, but he has been a very controlled and calculating driver from the get-go. He has not finished outside of the top five, has been on the podium 50% of the time, and has not had a DNF yet...not bad for a rookie. I think he is just now finding that "edge" that every driver needs to go over just once in awhile to know where it is...he didn't go blowing past it yet though, which is a natural tendency with young drivers. I'm sure he'll have his chance to do that in the future. I know that once he gets some more time in the seat, that he'll have that truck competing for wins. (Keith Steele will welcome the competition!!!) I'm looking forward to watching that progression.

Keep the vids coming Mike...once again you are doing a great job of promoting the personalities in our sport...

Brandon121

Josh's Dream
Reaction
It's good to to see Luke get the face time he deserves. Keep up the good work Luke......