U.P. TIME TRIAL EVENT THIS SAT.

Greg

Reaction
Ok, here's the scoop. The track is the same as the last time trial, no new changes. Its going to be HOT, as most of you know there is some seating under the trees but the best viewing spot is from the top of "spectator hill" which is totally open to the beating sun. Bring ez-ups!! and of course water. We ask that if you put your ez-ups on the hill, that you be kind and share the shade with others. If you were at the jump champs, there will be about 1/2 the amount of spectators, so it wont be nearly as crowded. We will be checking coolers at the gate for beer and booze, unfortunately, we have to do that do to results from the last event. We want to get the racing started a bit earlier that usaual to try and beat the heat, if racers could be there by 9, and ready to get started, we can get a jump on things. Also, no motorized pit bikes. Also, if wanting to vend out there, call Jen, we arent allowing people to just show up and set up a space, period. It looks to be a really good event, as most everyone out there is really into desert stuff an it makes the events fun to watch and participate in. See you out there. greg

RacnCPA

Reaction
Greg, Good luck with this event. And please send me info on future events. I was serious about you guys running an ad in Dusty Times. It would be worth it, I'm sure.

RacnCPA

Reaction
Dan, Normally I would make both events, but I'm committed from Friday night and after losing a close friend on the road recently and having a heck of a time on the 15 getting to Henderson, I've decided to stay put in Barstow. Good luck to you and you forgot LEGEND dude, LOL.

homey

Reaction
If I am coming from OC so I take the 15 north, then do I take the 10 east or west? The map does not show enough detail on the ROR website. Can we bring bicycles and view more of the track?
Thanks.

homey

Reaction
Grassyass

jeff

Reaction
I think it's easier to take the 15 North to the 210 East. A few stop lights and the ROR is on your right hand side. There is less traffic and fewer stops taking this route. There is a red and white ROR sign on a pole just before the turn off to the race way.

The 210 East becomes the 30 / Highland Avenue so don't worry when you see the END FREEWAY sign... just stay straight on that road and you'll be fine.

I don't know if Greg / Jen / Pat will be around to answer the bike deal but my advice is leave it at home. All of the spectator areas are easily reached with your own two feet. It only takes a few minutes to walk from one end to the other and the area around the track really isn't the place to mix pedestrian traffic with bikes or 50's. You can only view the course from one side and the rest is off-limits to the general viewing public.

Aloha

Motorider

Reaction
So does anyone have a truck they aren't going to be racing this weekend that they want to let me borrow?

Since I sold my truck, I don't think I am going to be racing this weekend. Maybe I'll have another truck by next time.