UFC Fighter, KIMO Dies at Age 41

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
Ultimate fighter reportedly dies after court appearance
Ultimate Fighting Championship star Kim 'Kimo' Leopoldo, of Irvine was 41, according to reports.
BY ELYSABETH HAHM AND SERENA MARIA DANIELS
THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
Comments 8| Recommend 1

Former martial arts fighter and Ultimate Fighting Championship star Kim “Kimo” Leopoldo, of Irvine, reportedly is dead at the age of 41.

Many MMA websites and news sources, including the New York Daily News, USA Today and TMZ.com, are reporting that Leopoldo died from complications from a heart attack late Monday night.

Few details surrounding his death are available.

Earlier Monday, Leopoldo was sentenced to 10 days of community service and mandatory participation in a drug diversion program.

On Feb. 16, 2009, he was arrested in Tustin for possession of marijuana while wearing a Long Beach police officer jumpsuit.

Two plainclothes detectives found Leopoldo in a Tustin parking lot dressed in the suit, playing with a yo-yo and leaning against a car in which he had been a passenger.

Leopoldo was waiting for the driver of the car who went into a pharmacy, Leopoldo's attorney Victor Hobbs said.

The woman who owned the car disappeared after seeing police outside of the pharmacy.

Detectives then searched the vehicle and found a pipe and a small amount of marijuana.

According to Hobbs, Leopoldo obtained the police officer jumpsuit from a woman who had purchased it as a Halloween costume and was in the process of giving away her possessions.

Leopoldo pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor count of petty theft of lost property regarding the jumpsuit. He did not enter a plea to a misdemeanor charge regarding the pipe or to another count of possessing less than an ounce of marijuana.

Instead, he was going to enter a drug diversion program and be placed on three years of informal probation, Deputy District Attorney Mike Carroll said.

Leopoldo, often known only as Kimo, made his Mixed Martial Arts debut in 1994 at UFC 3. He spent the next 12 years fighting in UFC until retiring after Extreme Wars 5-Battlegrounds in 2006.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
I heard he was "Hiking the Appalachian trail". :D

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
Wow, thanks for fiding that...Very interesting. Is he maybe fighting in the next Affliction Fight or somewhere else????A Little publicity stunt maybe..

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
I dont know, but I read that Tito and Dana white made up and are no longer in a fued! :D