Ultimate Off-Road Chase/Tow Mobile Command Center!

JRod

fast-aid.org
Reaction
Just saw this for the first time - Hope it's not old news. Think about it, even the cactus-huggers would have to love it since it's hydrogen powered!

Ford Super-Chief Concept Truck:Introduced at the 2006 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan, the Super Chief Concept truck has the same basic lines of redesigned 2009 Ford F-Series trucks, but with a supercharged V-10 that can run on gas, E85 or hydrogen (and go 500 miles between fill-ups).

http://trucks.about.com/od/fordconceptvehicles/ig/Ford-Super-Chief-Concept-Truck/index.01.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

fordnut

Reaction
I like the chopped roof line. I hope they use a similar front end for the next generation super duty. The 2008 and up front end just doesn't look right.

bajabum

Reaction
Just ordered mine gonna be the first kid on the block with one.........acctually thinking about going back to gas i dont think any of the manufactures have figured out how to produce a diesel with all the crap the govt wants put on them to run like the old ones..
currently sporting a 2008 f350 getting about 9 to 11 mpg with about 2/3 the torque ( if that) of my old 7.3.

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
The Super Chief is Super Sexy!! The spy shots of the 4 door Raptor and now this!?!?! I'M IN HEAVEN!

Thanks for the link 5-0! :)

Danny Alcala

Reaction
from a side view it looks like a chrysler 300 converted into a truck.

BSchlimme

Reaction
Just ordered mine gonna be the first kid on the block with one.........acctually thinking about going back to gas i dont think any of the manufactures have figured out how to produce a diesel with all the crap the govt wants put on them to run like the old ones..
currently sporting a 2008 f350 getting about 9 to 11 mpg with about 2/3 the torque ( if that) of my old 7.3.

Must be tough having to get a new truck and put up with all the deficiencies. :) Maybe Furd will get it right on yet another attempt at a new diesel engine.

Been there done that with big gas motors - not going back!! 5-8 MPG and 1/2 the torque delivery of my current diesel.

Happy with my "old" 2006 Duramax. 13MPG in city drive cycle, plenty of power with the Edge kit and none of that regen DPF, urea BS to deal with.

Although I will say it sucks not to be able to run around with my windows down due to the smell but I'll put up with that.

And Jay - thanks for the Baja spot - I owe you one on that!!!

promaxmarine

Reaction
have you seen roger normans MCU? it was at primm. try and get you some photos, it was a used police command ceter, diesel pusher motor home, now converted to Normans MCU (Mobile Command Unit)! it is bad arse! several flat screens, all linked to eye on earth, all new radios, full a/c so you dont sweat tracking all the vehicles outside! if you get a chance to check it out you wont be dissapointed, full medical equip, etc. state of the art shizzzz!

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
Must be tough having to get a new truck and put up with all the deficiencies. :) Maybe Furd will get it right on yet another attempt at a new diesel engine.

Been there done that with big gas motors - not going back!! 5-8 MPG and 1/2 the torque delivery of my current diesel.

Happy with my "old" 2006 Duramax. 13MPG in city drive cycle, plenty of power with the Edge kit and none of that regen DPF, urea BS to deal with.

Although I will say it sucks not to be able to run around with my windows down due to the smell but I'll put up with that.

And Jay - thanks for the Baja spot - I owe you one on that!!!

I'm a huge ford guy,but ever since the E.P.A. started screwing with all of the diesel emissions and ford went away from the 7.3 to the 6.0 they have been a mess!! in 04 I bought a 2500hd with a duramax and it was BA until the motor blew with 130,000+ miles and have since bought a second one,they are the best CARS I've ever owned....
But a Heavy duty truck they are not!!!! Ford are you listening????? You guys need to get your chit together.I was told that the new 6.4 is now going to get scraped for yet another motor????? As it is now if you tow with it the milage is really bad like 8 to 10 mpg?? My duramax gets 12.5 to 13 weighted down with all my work crap !!!!

BTW a V-10 isn't the answer!!!!