Ultimate vehicles?

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
I was watching the "History" channel last nite and they had a feature on "Ultimate vehicles"(not sure if thats the right name). I caught it 1/2 way through but they were in the middle of talking about the Baja 1000. Most of the footage was of Ivan Stewart, but OLD stewart footage of the 84-86 Toyota in class 7 and then class 1. Really cool stuff. That is probably one of my all time favorite race trucks. Did anyone else catch the program?

Racers Only

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Rory,

I also watched it. It was a cool show. It makes me feel old. It was not that long ago I was at the races watching those trucks. But it is 10-15 years ago.. The good old days.

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
yup, i saw that too. I think that it was the history of the 4x4 or something. started off with the orginal FWD company (four wheel drive) that started the 4x4's. I think that the program that you are talking about.

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

Ryno

Reaction
Four Wheel Drive, Inc, was originally from Clintonville, Wisconsin. My grandfather tested pretty much anything and everything over his 30 years there. He has pictures of him in Military trucks, fire trucks, pretty much everything. He's got some stories that have blown my mind over the years. When he left he was delivering Seagrave Fire Trucks (Brush Rigs) to So Cal. I don't know when...but they were taken over/ sold to a larger company some time ago. Good old days!!

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

17fan

Reaction
FWD Seagrave is still in the business of building fire trucks, they sent a few trucks to NY a few months ago as part of the replacement for the wrecked trucks.