>>>@@- UNCLE MAX TRYING to get OVER THE SUMMIT - @@<<<

Lucho

Reaction
Max Norris (Uncle Max) to many of you, perhaps the most beloved CHECKERS and friend to many of you, especially those who have been around for a while, suffred a stroke, and brain impact when he apprently fell at home a week ago last Wednesday, after a classic CHECKERS meeting/BBQ and has been in the hospital at USC Medical Center since then. They had to operate immediately to stop the bleeding on the brain and he has been "sedated" ever since.
The old "Coot" is still in ICU, but according to the doctors and his nurse, he is stable, besides they want to keep him sedated until they are sure he won't have any further stroke activity.

Anyone who deosn't know "Uncle Max" has not been in the sport too long. We (CHECKERS) are waiting to hear that he's awake and ready to get back to the desert. It could happen anytime. We'll update as we get the info.

Please keep Max in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you

Lucho

baja_racer

Reaction
Get well soon Uncle Max..........you're not done yet!!!!!

Reaction
He just needs a nap, now. I'm confident we'll see Max in the dez again. A buddy of mine suffered the same fate a few years back, spent a long time in the hospital, but has bounced back crazy as ever: 67 going on 18.

Go Max, go! Get well, soon!

Weatherman

The voice of desert racing
Reaction
Uncle Max is the sole reason I now reside in Parker, AZ. He let me use his address to register my vehicles. I went to the motor vehicle dept. and the lady said, "12 Marina Drive, where's that? I just sold two lots there!" I remember Max always talking about the big rock he was always trying to get rid of so I told her where the big the big rock used to be. The lady looked at me funny like and said, "Thats uncle max's place." Now I was starting to go pink, I told her that I was renting. She said, "What about his sister." I said we were co-existing while she looked for a place in California and was turning red. She told me she had lunch with her Tuesday and nothing was said about any of this and now I was tottaly flushed. Caught in a hugh lie, I bought my Parker house three weeks later................

Get well Max, see you in Parker for the 425.

Martin

Reaction
Get well soon Max!!

spi6616

Reaction
Uncle Max is the sole reason I now reside in Parker, AZ. He let me use his address to register my vehicles. I went to the motor vehicle dept. and the lady said, "12 Marina Drive, where's that? I just sold two lots there!" I remember Max always talking about the big rock he was always trying to get rid of so I told her where the big the big rock used to be. The lady looked at me funny like and said, "Thats uncle max's place." Now I was starting to go pink, I told her that I was renting. She said, "What about his sister." I said we were co-existing while she looked for a place in California and was turning red. She told me she had lunch with her Tuesday and nothing was said about any of this and now I was tottaly flushed. Caught in a hugh lie, I bought my Parker house three weeks later................

Get well Max, see you in Parker for the 425.
That is the funniest story.......don't mess with people in the small towns!

HDRA1

The Godfather
Reaction
get well soon max and thank you for updating us lou

JPBart

Reaction
We were running a Checker pit at Santo Tomas one year and Uncle Max was there. Some armored car guys stopped across the street and a couple guys with guns climbed out looking mean and making everyone stand clear. Well pretty soon Uncle Max was over there making everyone smile and taking pictures with the guards. Of course when the truck left it had Checkers stickers all over the back of it.

Best wishes Uncle Max. Get well soon.

dezertchick

Reaction
OMG-I hope he will get better. My payers are with him.

Uncle Max took me around in his truck for my first off road race in San Felipe
too many years ago, while Lou driving and my brother, Eric, co driving
in Lou's buggy that Lou rolled during the race. Scared me to death
but they were both OK but the buggy was hurt.

Uncle Max will always be in my heart for that
crash course of off road racing. We went everywhere in San Falipe
during the race. It was great!

Lucho

Reaction
Saw Uncle Max today at the hospital and there's no change. There are some "issues" that have come to forefront in the last couple of days that they are working on. We did find out, contrary to what I had suggested before, that they will NOT let anyone visit him other than his immediate family. So disregard my suggestion to visit Max for the time being. We'll try to keep everyone informed as we get additional information.

A prayer or a positive thought can only help the old CHECKERS, Uncle Max.

Jake88X

Reaction
Thanks for the update Lou.
Can this be made a "sticky"?

Lucho

Reaction
We have a glimmer of hope. They tested to see if MAX could breathe on his own, and he did. The doctor will decide whether to take him off the respirator tonight or not or maybe tomorrow. He's not awake but they are going to stop sedating him. So that's good.
Uncle Max is still in serious condition and still in ICU. But we'll keep everyone posted as soon as we know.

Thoughts and prayers are always appreciated.

Lucho

Lucho

Reaction
Sorry to say, as of this afternoon, no real or major change with Uncle Max. He is still in ICU and out of it. Some things are getting fixed, but he is still in a very delicate condition.
Keep your thoughts and prayer with Max.