Unhappy Baja Rancher

craigincali

Reaction
I think the point here is that one person can screw everything up for all of us. All of us have to be dilagent in teaching the next generation and this one that the actions of a few will effect many. It is all about personal responsibility and respect for others.

Anyone that has had something stolen from them knows the anger and pain when someone with lesser values destroys their respect in another human.

Everytime this type of thing happens it devalues all of us. Trust is lost and hard to regain.

Think before you act.

VERY nicely put! Could say it any better

eastcounty61

Reaction
Website
www.youtube.com
there was a closed fence 3 or 4 mile before the goat trail did that get opened up . we had to go about 30 feet to the right to get around . just wondering

i came to that also i backed up about 20 feet and to the left there was a section of fence down also that i got through. Also on sunday at somewhere around race mile 380 where there was some silt i came across some barb wire about a foot and a half off the ground across the whole course i hit it but then stopped the people behind me and cut it and got it off the course. there was no fence or fence posts anywhere around just some random barbed wire it was kind of weird

Tipracer

Reaction
This comes up every year...more so now that the people who live in Baja are able to express their discontent on a much larger scale....they are communicating and organizing much more. It is up to each and every one of us to self police. If we don't other people will do it for us at a much greater cost! We must always be on our best behavior regardless of the situation. Pick up after yourself, close gate behind you, don't let your best buddy do donuts in some poor farmers field. Imagine the impact that we as racers and chasers have on the lives of the people who live where we race....do you want to pick up someone else's trash from your backyard? Fix your own fence after some jerk went through it for no good reason instead of around it? TreyP is right... " Everytime this type of thing happens it devalues all of us. Trust is lost and hard to regain." As long as we are trusted we will be allowed to race, once that is lost we are forced to run through harder and harder sections...just like this race. Always be careful of how you represent yourself because you are really the face of ALL racers!
I have had the unenviable job of kicking people out of my team because they were a constant source of problems...but that is what must be done in some situations. Teams and team owners should really take stock of who they want on their teams. All it is going to take is one really ignorant move to wreck it for ALL of us.
Sorry for the long post but that is just how I see it.

Jerry

Reaction
On Tuesday we ran from Santo Tomas to the finish. Half way to OJOS we came across 3 Large Fallen trees that had been put across the course. You could clearly see where a car of some sort had pulled the across the course. I was a little nervous to be honest to get out of the truck it just looked fishy. But with Maglight in hand we moved them without event. No problems the rest of the day. I PERSONALY am trying to go the extra mile this year to close gates and slow down a little during prerunning.

miguelitro

Reaction
exactly! the people of baja are masters at extorting alittle extra out of us gringos!
I actually kinda comend em for it:D

sorry if I insulted or upset anyone, I really meant that as a joke. Believe me when I say that i truly do appreciate the experiences that baja has given me, the wonderful people who I've met, and the incredibly beatiful landscapes i've been so dwawfed by and immersed in south of the border.

I will go hang my head in shame....

Mike

JAM 1600

Reaction
Karma- good or bad does not stop at the border- so keep that in mind while pre-running and do the right things and you will be ok ! And if you don't may the chupa-cabra's find you ! Remember we are the guest and not the host so we don't get to make the rules, respect of another person's property goes a long ways, be safe and have fun !

Reaction
On Tuesday we ran from Santo Tomas to the finish. Half way to OJOS we came across 3 Large Fallen trees that had been put across the course. You could clearly see where a car of some sort had pulled the across the course. I was a little nervous to be honest to get out of the truck it just looked fishy. But with Maglight in hand we moved them without event. No problems the rest of the day. I PERSONALY am trying to go the extra mile this year to close gates and slow down a little during prerunning.
Those trees had been removed at least once before.

Then End is near!
..and the sky is falling too.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
Website
www.canonbaja.com
it's funny how CODE has a good relations with ranchers and gets races approved and SCORE can't...SCORE is just too greedy...

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
it's funny how CODE has a good relations with ranchers and gets races approved and SCORE can't...SCORE is just too greedy...

You have no basis to back that up and no idea what you're talking about. Did you ever think that it could be because the ranchers realize that SCORE has money, much more so than CODE? Maybe that's why they try and rip them off.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
Website
www.canonbaja.com
You have no basis to back that up and no idea what you're talking about. Did you ever think that it could be because the ranchers realize that SCORE has money, much more so than CODE? Maybe that's why they try and rip them off.

You really believe that? You know better! Where do the land fees and radio fees really go? That's a lot of money!

Last edited:

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
You really believe that? You know better! Where do the land fees and radio fees really go? That's a lot of money!

We've been there and argued that. Not going down that road again. If you don't like SCORE, don't come to the races. Simple as that. SCORE busts their *** and has laid down some new, great course so I can't wait!

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Website
www.socalmotocross.com
Next time your drive by that rancher. Stop by and say hello for a second. Dont forget to shut the gate too.....Speed safely and have some courtesy and commosn sense. We may be having some fun down there and they are working hard. I guess Im saying just be respectful.

JohnnyAirtime

Reaction
Website
Cancer-RideForLife.com
On saturday we came to was more of like 6 metal post pouned into the ground than a gate we put it all back after we were through. I also found 4 other gates that were left on the ground that we also put back together after we went through that was all between RM 348 and 398

I too was stopped...

And understood the same. "no pase hoy" or... no passing for the rest of the week. He was a nice man, but frustrated at the people who are abusing his land and property. Don't blame him one bit.

I also came to the rest of the fences... DOWN! I tried to put 2 of the 4 back up... and they were demolished. They literally had been ran through.

On Saturday, this wasn't the case... the gates/fences were all in tact, and we put them back in place. So between Saturday, and Sunday in this section... some people (pre-runners) had not only demolished the couple gates but managed to not close or put the gates back into place.

PISSES ME OFF to no end.

And from what I've witnessed and learned... it's usually "pre-running freeloaders" who are NOT racing the event. Not always... but more often than not. SUCKS!

... I watched one buggy rip right through and not close anything, If I didn't have to stop to try and mend the fence to get it to go back up... I woulda' roosted that car for all I was worth! A-Holes!

:mad:

JohnnyAirtime

Reaction
Website
Cancer-RideForLife.com

I'm sure you meant.... to race mile 398 or so.

The "Finish/Start" is closed until race week.

JohnnyAirtime

Reaction
Website
Cancer-RideForLife.com
i came to that also i backed up about 20 feet and to the left there was a section of fence down also that i got through. Also on sunday at somewhere around race mile 380 where there was some silt i came across some barb wire about a foot and a half off the ground across the whole course i hit it but then stopped the people behind me and cut it and got it off the course. there was no fence or fence posts anywhere around just some random barbed wire it was kind of weird

Lopezzz... I saw that too as I blazed across it. (pulled a small wheelie to help avoid it)
It wasn't there on Saturday. But evident it was put there on Sunday, or overnight.

Probably for a wheel spinning biker to have it wrap up in his spokes/hub... which has the ability to break a hub inhalf. Not cool.