Uniball Caddy-Kit Help!!!

freddy

Reaction
I just got my Uniball Caddy-Kit for a 91 Toyota 4wd Pickup. I am really impressed with the looks of the kit, but I am not that impressed with the installation instructions. A few questions have come up, that I hope someone could answer.

1: How should I bolt the uniball to the spindle? The hole where the balljoint was is in the shape of a cone. Should I drill that hole straight and bolt the uniball there, or am I really far off?

2: What size of bolts should I have to the shocks? I can not find any in the boxes i got. Should there be?

Thankful for any help

Fredrik

DANKFAB

Reaction
A 2.5inch shock has a 1/2"x4" bolt, and as for the uniball bolting in, just drill out the hole so that its the same size as the bolt that goes thru the spherical bearing misalignment spacers. Thats what I'd do.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
The Uniball uppers should have come with a sleve that you press into the spindle.

cleartoy

Reaction
Just drill out the spindle(if you never plan on using a ball joint again). It should be a 1" I.D. Uniball with missalignment spacers to reduce down to 3/4".

1/2x2.5" grade 8 fine thread with nylock nuts are what i use for shocks.

freddy

Reaction
I have not got a sleeve to press into the spindle. If I have understand correctly the hole that I should drill is going to be 3/4". Am I wrong?

Thanks for all the help

Fredrik

freddy

Reaction
Now I have talked to Total Chaos and they tell me to drill out the spindle hole to 3/4". I thought I write it here if anyone else was wondering.

Fredrik