Unistalling a program WTF ??

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
So I had a program originally installed from a CD. Did the usual unistall but apparantly it didn't delete it all. Windows installer will pop up & try to reinstall the program and then ask for the CD. When I go to "add/ remove" program it's listed but not a tab to unistall it, just info about or update info. When I cancel the install it immedietly reinstall and I have to cancel 8-10 times before it goes away for a few hours.
Where is this loading from ? or how do I delete it ?

Shaggy

Reaction
What program was it and are you running Vista or XP? Try disk cleanup and then reboot. Then run search for the old program and see if it finds it after rebooting. it should have cleaned it out

Hayward Racing

Reaction
What is the program? Check the actual program folder to see if there is a manual uninstall. Sent ya a PM...

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
computer is a dell XPS 400 on XP PRogram is Front suspension geometry pro. No files found when searched.. Been going on for a good week. Been rebooted plenty, I'll try a clean up tonight.. Thanks

Here's the program..

Attachments

Shaggy

Reaction
I was thinking there was exe or dll file hangin around that install didn't get rid of:confused:

Hayward Racing

Reaction
Are you logged in as an Administrator?

Let's go off roading

Reaction
Some CD programs come with extra junk on it that may also download on to your computer. Check to see if you have any unusually stuff in your add/remove programs.

dezertranger1600

Reaction
im thinking EXE file as well...PM me:)

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
Did a clean up and last night the crap still was popping up.. Yet to do it tonight though

200MPHTape

Reaction
Alright stop going PM,you need to let everyone know what you have done. I visit several other race sites were there are others like you and I that are not PC/MAC experts! One of them in particular has a section in the general discussion area that is PC/Mac help that is a running thread that will always get bumped up and doesn't need a sticky! Lots of problems like yours can be solved from cross referencing from another program creating the same problem. I would try installing the program from the CD and when its done go to the Start/Programs/Front Geometry then click on the Uninstall from the programs file. It also sounds like you did a restore from previous date, witch could also be causing the problem, that is why you should reinstall the program.

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
I've never even used the program (no need, have others) I only had it & loaded it to take a look. I DONT want it. I've never installed an update or anything. I look again when I get home to see if it loads. Who can tell me where to look for an EXE. file to remove ? I tried searching for anythign related to the file name but have found nothing. As I stated earlier it in my add/delete program list and thats it (no tab to select to delete). nothing in programs either..

I also dont have the disk anymore..

scott-dsms

Orange
Reaction
I also dont have the disk anymore..
The uninstall program for that software is most likely on the disk. As for it popping up...sounds like it's getting stuck in a loop looking for files on the disk. Curious, you say it pops up 8-10 times asking for the CD...Is it asking for the same file every time this happens? Read the window that pops up as it might be looking for more than one file. YOu click cancel on one and it goes to the next until it gets through it's routine.

If it happens when you boot up your system you can remove it from your start-up but the program will still be there. You just wont have to deal with it.

I did a quick search on tucows and this shareware program has a 15 day trial or purchase for $40. Scroll down to the description - Looks pretty cool and it may be of help in your situation. It does have a 5 out of 5 Cows user rating :)

http://www.tucows.com/preview/304431

I have never used this program and can't say if the trial version is fully functional - some are and some are not. If you search tucows dot com for uninstall programs there are a couple of free ones. I have had pretty good success using that site to find free stuff - There are a ton of free utilities for all sorts of different things there.

Good Luck

Desert_Tech

Reaction
I saw your post - and I'm not sure if you were ever able to get this resolved.

To answer your question about which exe file to search for - - search your c:\ drive for FSGwin.exe. That is the file name referenced on the Autoware website: See info below - that I copied over from Auto-ware.com and here is a link to that site http://www.auto-ware.com/update/updateindex.htm.

"Updates for Older Versions of Our Programs- 2/17/04-The newest version of Front Suspension Geometry Pro version 2.80 is available as a free download for customers who own versions 2.52-2.60, 2.70 or (2.75 downloaded copy). Click here FSGwin.exe for those versions. If you have the CD version of 2.75 click here FSGwin.exe Copy the file over your existing FSGwin.exe file. When installing the file a message box will appear saying that the file already exist s and will prompt you to replace it. Click yes. Once the file is finished downloading the upgrade will be complete. This patch fixes the bumpsteer graph problem experienced on some chassis set-ups. "

I zipped up a copy of fsgwin.exe and attached it below - if you can't find it on your PC any longer. This is the version for the 2.75 downloaded copy you originally installed.

Attachments

Ranger_Edge

Reaction
Not sure what program you installed, however, most software manufactures will supply a directory 'clean up' program to get rid of all data left on your hard drive. I had to do the same thing for an adobe program

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
I got a program from pcworld and finally got it removed..for good. Thanks !