United Prerunners ??

motoxscott

Reaction
What's up with United Prerunners? It's been a while since they had a meeting. What do they have in store for 2003 ???

cleartoy

Reaction
Good question. Last time i went was D Day(first time actually).

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

jeff

Reaction
I asked the same question the other night... the UP crew is hopefully going to hold a get together in January... and possibly host another event of some type in March. Nothing in stone but that's the word on the street.

Aloha

Greg

Reaction
Here's the skinny on what we've been up to and what we have planned: We want to start having monthly meetings again in January, looks like they will be at a new Farmer Boys off Etawanda and the 60 in Mira Loma, they have huge parking areas and there is nothing else around so people wont complain. As for the track; e.i. ROR, we have been waiting on an OK from some governing bodies to allow us to continue operating out there, we just got an approval last week (from right after d-day), but these guys can change thier minds at any time. The joys of working with the government. So we plan on having another event in March. We want to try and put a poker run together out in Landers in Feb., but we'll see as there is a lot of stuff going on the end on Jan (Laughlin, Parker,Mdr) and we schedual our events around the other promoters. Many people have been asking about having the track open for practice, it is, but, its pretty expensive. The rental is between 3 to 4 hundred but the insurance (not auto ins. but race car coverage) is $500+ per day. But we are looking at even more insurance companies to see if we can work somthing out and make it affordable. We are also making a class for mini trucks that should be fun and exciting and also affordable,(kinda like corr pro-lite circa '97 but with the motor rules tightend down and suspension rules opened up) I'll give details on that soon. There are some other things we have been throwing around, another jump contest of course, but this time we will make the jump bigger after every round, like reverse limbo. And we were talking about a mini desert race, like 5mile loops, run kinda like laughlin, but thats down the road a bit. This next year should be an eventful one.

Greg

Brian Mapes

Reaction
That sounds great Greg. Sounds like United Prerunners is going to have their handsful. Thats a good idea with making a jump bigger.

say goodbye to a tangerine sky
say hello, say hello to tomorrow.

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
Sound like some exciting plans! I can't wait!

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Gregg, my dad should be contacting you all tomorrow, sent a couple emails out and finally got jen to reply the other day. As for the insurance thing he would know all about it, we have looked from hawaii to england and know of a lot of companies, might be able to help you out a little on that with some better companies. For our Sand Drags we got I belive $5 mill coverage, but I think we bumped that, vegas wanted 10 i think, very hard to find. Good to hear that the ROR is underway and can't wait to go to meetings again. later Dave

The Other Guys Motorsports

IF ALL ELSE FAILS.......DROP THE "HAMMER"!

elcaprerunner

Reaction
Yo Greg....... Hemet meeting....... How's that coming along you slacker......... JUST KIDDING!

DIRT'S FOR RACING, PRERUNNERS ARE FOR GETTING THERE!

H.O.R.E.
Hemet Off-Road Enthusiests