Unlimited/Pro Buggy Rental for Nov LV?

redmist

Reaction
I'm venturing to the US to pre-run the B1K in a future attempt at a class 1 completion. I was looking to either purchase an older A-Arm car (such as the older Hustlers, anyone know where they are?) or possibly rent? I also wondered if the LOORS LV event was worth the effort and expense to go to, or if there was something else I should consider?

Daniel.

randy1123

Reaction
Short Course is whole different animal. You should witness it in person and see how exciting it truly is. TV does not show the intense action.
I love it, and cannot get enough of this great short course series. But not the same as the B1K in a class 1.
If you want class 1, I suggest you do more pre-running in Mexico. I would leave work now and go do this if I could. I found it relaxing and breathtaking scenery to drive 100's of miles in one day without limits.

Short course is that controlled explosion that lasts 20 minutes....but the best 20 minute race I could ask for. My vote is you decide on one. Try LOORS, you will be shocked how great it is and you might get hooked like the rest of us!!!

redmist

Reaction
Thanks for the reply Randy. I'm currently NZ2 overall. Was NZ1 last season. The New Zealand National Series run a combination of short and endurance races, as such I'm more than familiar with both formats of racing and realize thier substancial differences. My previous Bunderson was a Toyota pro buggy. My 650hp twin turbo Cosworth/Nissan Jimco runs in class 1 (for both short and endurance races).
I'm concentrating on the B1K, but would love to work in as much exposure to US racing as possible. Hence the request.
In addition pro buggies tend to do well on our "flatish" courses (with a considerably larger fuel tank). If a car comes up at a suitable price then I may be forced to drag it back to NZ and adjust her for local conditions.
Adore the Alumicraft, I just don't have the redies to purchase one. An older Hustler may be the replacement for my very labour intensive Jimco.

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
I too love the Alumicraft as I race one in the series, great ride.

There is an older car that the Coyne family owns that could be what you are looking for and could still rail solidly in Pro Buggy. They have not been racing it but I asked Travis not long ago about it for a buddy and he seemed to be interested in running it under the correct circumstances.

Ryan Bsnardo (sp) who owns Carey Harts team has I think an Alumicraft that they are not running right now. It is for sale but maybe you could work a deal?

There are cars around if you want to race, in fact maybe just call John Cooley at Alumicraft and see what he knows of?

I've been to NZ and rode your jet boats and stood on your glaciers and drank your piss so if I can help let me know since you were good enough to allow me entrance to your country. I also rode dirt bikes there but passed on the bungy jump that was invented in NZ as I understand it. False Harbor was one of the coolest stories I heard about and saw while I was in your hood.

07FJRog

Reaction
I agree, John Cooley would probabaly know where most all of his short course cars are, and who is racing them or not. 619-596- 9841

congrats Cameron, on being in first place so far! great effort on the track and TV!

Perfect Race

Reaction
You should try to make it to Vegas. Saturday and Sunday are both new race days. Either day would work even if you run up and check it out for a day you should try to fit it in. The pits are open and you can walk right up and talk to the racers and check out the vehicles. We have a great group of racers that would show you some great hospitality. Check your PMs.

redmist

Reaction
Gentlemen, thankyou very much for the welcome and the assistance. I've booked my tickets with the intention of being at LV, wither to watch or race. Would be great to meet you all.

Daniel.

Pauly 303

Reaction
If it's Hustler Concepts your wondering about? They have combined forces with Baja Shop Motorsports. Call The Baja Shop if you need to get ahold of them.

redmist

Reaction
Pauly, thanks for the direction. Wondered what had happeded to Jesse, however at best I'd only afford an older Hustler. Something like the below. The Coilover and Bypass would also give me more adjustability for NZ varied courses than the coilpass of later cars.
attachment.php